BREAKING - Sheffield United make approach for #SWFC striker Sam Winnall

10 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Haven't read the whole thread so apologies if somebody has already put this. But in a world where Gary Madine is worth £6 million, Winnall's got to be worth at least £2 million even if he isn't fit til September.

£5M at least.

Can everyone stop mentioning the fact that Winnall is still injured, please?

The Blunts probably don't know about the ACL problem...

Either way, this could work very well for us and I hope that, like his predecessors, Agent Winnall will do a good job and be paid handsomely in return.

• Like 1

Still a very saleable asset, makes sense to move him on all things considered. Blades would be my last choice but I don’t see us being able to be overly fussy. Obviously nailed on to score against us should he make that move.

Most people commenting on Winalls attitude are probably just part of the pub talk band wagon, he fell out with FF in a training ground tussle, it happens all the time. Made friends at Derby.

carlos handled the situation appallingly, and I think SW going to Derby was a very poor decision.

would I be as peed off as SW with how things started, he was delighted to come here and then was shown the door without really getting a chance.

if anyone honestly thinks big Dave is a better option than SW then I really do despair, AN had a purple patch at the end of a contract yet has failed miserably over his time here.

we lack mobility up front and SW can provide that for us, and if he does have a bit of a nasty streak so what, we could do with a little bit of that cos for far too long we’ve been a bit of a soft touch.

• Like 1

I think that Winnall is the type of hardworking player Jos likes and he’ll also be on a relatively low salary. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s stays at Hillsborough for the long term.

We’ve just taken two high earners off the books. Selling Winnall will have little effect unless he goes for a high fee and the Pigs aren't renowned for splashing the cash. 

Guest addedtime
58 minutes ago, darklord said:

Pigs do this every transfer window, publicly chase one or two decent targets,  offer a pittance for them but tell the pig fans they tried. 

Then they go off and buy some dirt cheap league 2 player instead

Like a poor man's Arsenal.

16 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

How many clubs had prince charmin asset stripped?

As for the other guy, just have a think about how much money has been invested in the team since the multi-millions he got from the Tevez case and the many young prospects they have sold for millions and received sell-on clauses for - not sure it has been spent that well,if it has been spent at all........

I read up on him a while back and has owned club in his native country - the guy posting lived their and it was his team and apparently he went in sold all the best player and increase the prices and the team is now a shadow of what they were.

I will see if I can find the article and post it the only one i can find is Al- Hilal FC that he owned for 2 years in presumably the country he is from.

15 hours ago, thekimmyowl said:

Most people commenting on Winalls attitude are probably just part of the pub talk band wagon, he fell out with FF in a training ground tussle, it happens all the time. Made friends at Derby.

carlos handled the situation appallingly, and I think SW going to Derby was a very poor decision.

would I be as peed off as SW with how things started, he was delighted to come here and then was shown the door without really getting a chance.

if anyone honestly thinks big Dave is a better option than SW then I really do despair, AN had a purple patch at the end of a contract yet has failed miserably over his time here.

we lack mobility up front and SW can provide that for us, and if he does have a bit of a nasty streak so what, we could do with a little bit of that cos for far too long we’ve been a bit of a soft touch.

absolutely spot on, let's be honest apart from FF we aint got a striker anywhere near as good as Winnall imo,and before all the negs look at his strike rate,not just over 10 games

• Haha 1

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
17 minutes ago, brando said:

absolutely spot on, let's be honest apart from FF we aint got a striker anywhere near as good as Winnall imo,and before all the negs look at his strike rate,not just over 10 games

No negs required but Hooper and Nuhiu better IMO.

Edited by Xxxxxxxxcxcc

On 10/07/2018 at 18:39, Owl Rly said:

I'd loan him until January, have them pay full wages and he can't play against us. Then if he hits any remote form, we can flog for big bucks in the January window.

Dead right. Blades are thinking they’ll get him on the cheap if they get him now.

Get him fit, playing and hopefully scoring out on loan. (Same as Rhodes)

Then if he shows that he regain his scoring touch cash in, probably in January.