BREAKING - Sheffield United make approach for #SWFC striker Sam Winnall

They may have made an enquiry but that's as far as it will go for now.

It's just a smokescreen to draw attention away from the goings on in court.

I was told last weekend Prince Charmin has 3 players lined up to come in but McCabe doesn't want them because they are foreign.

Xenophobia at its best.

7 minutes ago, Quist said:

United have got problems of their own with co owners suing each other and heading to high court to resolve dispute.

About right smoke an mirrors, trying to big themselves up and keep their deluded fans thinking they are a big club, when in reality they bottled it in a big way and have finished above for first time in ages. Why would any one make enquiries about a player who is out with an acl before they are fit. Be interesting to see how much of that Brookes money filters to the transfer coffers. Still think they will be shopping in Poundland.

1 minute ago, bladeshater said:

They will want him on loan 

High court battle looming no multi million pound signings there 

For me lazy journalism 

Reality is that he is probably one of the few Championship strikers who would fit within their wage structure (and then only just). I'd take a loan offer for an injured player, £1.5m loan fee plus 100% of wages with an option to buy for another £2m seems fair to me (we wouldn't want him back as he would be tainted)

13 minutes ago, Owlinmad said:

I was told last weekend Prince Charmin has 3 players lined up to come in but McCabe doesn't want them because they are foreign.

Xenophobia at its best.

TFYI

31 minutes ago, Quist said:

United have got problems of their own with co owners suing each other and heading to high court to resolve dispute.

topic on owlsonline covering this.

Edited by lt109

12 minutes ago, striker said:

Reality is that he is probably one of the few Championship strikers who would fit within their wage structure (and then only just). I'd take a loan offer for an injured player, £1.5m loan fee plus 100% of wages with an option to buy for another £2m seems fair to me (we wouldn't want him back as he would be tainted)

He's on £18k a week here

They could pay their entire first team for that.

• Haha 1

Guest everydays_wednesday
25 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

Ask the head of our physio dept :picnic:

Then bring me the head of Alfredo Garcia!

36 minutes ago, Owlinmad said:

Xenophobia at its best.

What I have heard about him is everywhere he goes he asset strips the team , invests nothing and in a genuine leach on clubs. 

United are our rivals but people like this bloke should not be allowed anywhere near football clubs.

Yes the other guy has been making a fair few pennies selling of the silver over the last few years but they always seem to have finances for players when needed.

How much did they get for Brooks 12 Million? After all the little indirect jabs from their hierarchy last year towards Wednesday the Unwashed better get their cheque book out if they want Winnall. 

I am not opposed to us selling him, even to them but for way over market value just because it is them. If we were initially quoting a Loan fee of £3 mill for Rhodes to a championship rival I would be quoting the Unwashed £6-7 Mill starting price, now that may seem petty and I admit it is but unless it is for absolutely stupid money for the player I would be doing nothing to help them in terms of bringing quality players through the door not only are they in the same division as us and the player has a good goal scoring record but they are also our local city rivals and fans will demand a large transfer fee to appease us selling to them.

We are in a relatively strong position with Winnall in that there will be more than one suitor for him should we decide to make him available for transfer and I would be surprised we sell to them if the money is not above asking price, hypothetical of course but if this does turn into more than a rumour then strap in for the celebration if he scores at Hillsborough for them. 

Edited by matt_johno43

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

2.5m in this market? I’d rather get him fit and scoring. The Madine deal should be the benchmark and he’s not 45% of the player he is lol 

That's a good point tbf. I'd be asking for double seems they cashed in on Brookes.

They like to think they don't need money to get players in...let's show them the real world and get them to cough up

48 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

About right smoke an mirrors, trying to big themselves up and keep their deluded fans thinking they are a big club, when in reality they bottled it in a big way and have finished above for first time in ages. Why would any one make enquiries about a player who is out with an acl before they are fit. Be interesting to see how much of that Brookes money filters to the transfer coffers. Still think they will be shopping in Poundland.

The Brookes money will be spent in court I would guess??? 

Yes, he's worth more than £2.5 million.

I think he'll go somewhere because of what occurred with FF.

That's one of the main reasons he was shipped out in the first place.

Bearing in mind he's supposed to be on £17K a week here, I'm not sure how they'd pay his wages.

I wouldn't sell him there in case he'd be successful.