Why the negativity

What’s up with some people !! Just because we haven’t spent millions and millions on players we don’t actually need , Agreed we need a commanding centre half but other than that we have everything we need in our squad to be challenging, the young lads coming through, the injured players coming back , a manager with no favourites, oh and fit players playing in their proper positions , the way we finished the season under Jos gives me plenty of optimism and that was with 4/5 senior players missing and a under fit team due to the car crash that Carlos created . I really can’t wait 

• Like 1

Guest Hillsborough Mole
5 minutes ago, swfctc1 said:

What’s up with some people !! Just because we haven’t spent millions and millions on players we don’t actually need , Agreed we need a commanding centre half but other than that we have everything we need in our squad to be challenging, the young lads coming through, the injured players coming back , a manager with no favourites, oh and fit players playing in their proper positions , the way we finished the season under Jos gives me plenty of optimism and that was with 4/5 senior players missing and a under fit team due to the car crash that Carlos created . I really can’t wait 

Agreed

The return of the long term injuries is like making a number of new signings, infact better in some ways, as they don't need integrating with the squad

Not seen much negativity though. Suppose it's there if you look for it

We've still got pretty much the same team that finished 6th and 4th, so we know these players can make their mark in this division, and the main reason we didn't last season was because of a horrendous and unceasing list of injuries.

So, any optimism I have for this season is merely the optimism that we can avoid the kinds of injuries we had last season because JL seems to far more concerned about fitness than CC was. Should we do that then I think the play-offs are realistic.

Of course, we still have some of the weaknesses in the squad we've had for 3 seasons, but with the change of formation we be able to mitigate those weaknesses somewhat.

• Like 1

Very little negativity.

Dissappointing to have spunked so much cash. Dissappointing that Carlos turned out to be clueless.

All about the positives now. We have a competent Manager who understands that fit players will probably perform better. We have a full starting 11 back from injury. Stripes are 50% back.

If we could just sell/blag Fox to someone, I think I'd get a semi and may even smile.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm not negative and not seen much negativity whatsoever

If anything this pre-season is the most positive I've felt towards a new season in years

Jos is the man, we'll be playing attacking football, got the stripes back, the matchday programme is continuing when other clubs have scrapped theirs, and the Wednesday Tap is now a thing AND all our injured players are back which is virtually a brand new squad

Bring on the footy!

(I've not seen the negativity on here either - I guess you could pick a solitary negative comment out of hundreds of positive posts and see that if you are looking for it, but it's been positive on the whole)

Owlstalk Shop

14 minutes ago, James1986 said:

Whose been negative?

Plenty on Owlstalk seem to revel in it !

Only happy when they are looking at the negative side of things !

Psychologists  often recommend  not spending too much time with these people..............

lol

• Thanks 3

I'm sensing the opposite...a quiet air of positivity.

The club know which players are vital to success on the pitch and hopefully DC has ring fenced them.  It looks like Rhodes is going on loan for the year which you'd like to assume is a positive financially.

Free up a bit more space wages wise and look to bring in a few shrewd signings.  If our key players stay fit, coupled with some pace and athleticism from smart loan signings and we shouldn't be too far away from top six.

Start the season well, build the momentum and who knows....

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm not negative and not seen much negativity whatsoever

If anything this pre-season is the most positive I've felt towards a new season in years

Jos is the man, we'll be playing attacking football, got the stripes back, the matchday programme is continuing when other clubs have scrapped theirs, and the Wednesday Tap is now a thing AND all our injured players are back which is virtually a brand new squad

Bring on the footy!

(I've not seen the negativity on here either - I guess you could pick a solitary negative comment out of hundreds of positive posts and see that if you are looking for it, but it's been positive on the whole)

Some people just like to encourage negativity.

I mean holy crap, we are in the World Cup semi final. Football is just oozing positivity at the moment.

Half the England squad is from South Yorkshire. We have genuine Owls in a world cup potentially winning squad. Just think about that for a minute. An Owl lifting the World Cup.

Football has come home.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cowl said:

We've still got pretty much the same team that finished 6th and 4th, so we know these players can make their mark in this division, and the main reason we didn't last season was because of a horrendous and unceasing list of injuries.

So, any optimism I have for this season is merely the optimism that we can avoid the kinds of injuries we had last season because JL seems to far more concerned about fitness than CC was. Should we do that then I think the play-offs are realistic.

Of course, we still have some of the weaknesses in the squad we've had for 3 seasons, but with the change of formation we be able to mitigate those weaknesses somewhat.

The trouble is with having the same squad as what finished 4th and 6th is that other teams have improved a lot and spent money. We havn’t

Guest Hillsborough Mole
4 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

It's actually very negative to say people are being negative when they arent really.

Its almost like the OP is disappointed at not enough negativity and tried to create some

Just now, Hillsborough Mole said:

Its almost like the OP is disappointed at not enough negativity and tried to create some

You nailed it.

The biggest negative influence on Owlstalk is and always will be, those that moan about other posters.

Oh bugger, Ive just done it haven't I ?

• Haha 2