#SWFC agree terms with Norwich for Jordan Rhodes

1 hour ago, HubristicClapper said:

Completely incorrect.     The fee now and for any future transfer will be now set in stone.   He scores, or he doesn't, but the fees are now exacting and will not move.

What they pay later has already been agreed and that's the only reason the up front fee is what Chansiri wants.

What part of Chansiri playing hardball do people not get?

We win on this one if Rhodes doesn't perform at Norwich, and we lose out if he does - but in the short term it eases cash in.

Your assuming he signs for Norwich ?! What if he doesn’t... the fee for now is 1.5 for the season after that it’s fair game to anyone who wants him.

2 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

He'll have Ben Marshall supplying him with crosses, 20 goals for Rhodes next season.

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Agree with this. 

When Marshall was at Blackburn, he assisted circa 8 goals in total across 3 seasons.  No idea if all of those were for Rhodes or not.

Where's the other 17+ goals being assisted from?  Why do people think these two are the second coming?  Jack Hunt had similar stats...and didn't everyone think he was rubbish

31 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

When Marshall was at Blackburn, he assisted circa 8 goals in total across 3 seasons.  No idea if all of those were for Rhodes or not.

Where's the other 17+ goals being assisted from?  Why do people think these two are the second coming?  Jack Hunt had similar stats...and didn't everyone think he was rubbish

Said the same on the previous page. 

We have much better players at our disposal.

Edited by pazowl55

12 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

This is coming back to bite us on the arse.

Why we would lend a potential promotion trivial our best striker beggars belief.

Why someone that's (I'm presuming) watched him prance around doing naff all for 18 mths or whatever it is, thinks he's our best striker beggars belief more. 

48 minutes ago, Semedo's ferret said:

Why someone that's (I'm presuming) watched him prance around doing naff all for 18 mths or whatever it is, thinks he's our best striker beggars belief more. 

Might have something to do with the fact he has the best scoring record of any striker in this league in recent history.

1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

Why we would lend a potential promotion trivial our best striker beggars belief.

Aside from his performances for us ...

We've lost 4 other first team starters and have no FunFP money to replace them 

One of the most disappointing outcomes as a SWFC fan. When we signed Rhodes in that January window and he scored on his debut and ran to his Dad it was one of those moments you dream of as a supporter of a club. A player you have always wanted to sign scoring goals to fire you to the Premier League. Once he scored on his debut I genuinely thought that was going to be the extra bit we needed. Unfortunately, it never kicked on from that moment. 

Rhodes has looked lost in a SWFC shirt. It's not through lack of effort however it seems as though he was so desperate to have an impact that nothing quite came off. I remember watching the Swansea replay and it was quite embarrassing to watch him. It was as if there was some sort of force around the ball and he couldn't get within 20 yards of it. He seemed to just keep running but not get anywhere.

It's also surely had an impact on his Dad's position within the club. Granted the Oldham position would have been accepted anyhow but I'm sure the whole situation with Jordan will be tainted things slightly for him. Not that he's been mistreated but that it's just been so disappointing.

In an ideal world, we would have had someone like Celtic come in for him, he'd have scored for fun in Scotland and we'd have managed to secure 6 million next summer. Loaning to a rival is not ideal however it's not working out and it doesn't seem to be that it ever will work out. Last year when Jos came in he was one of three fit strikers within the club. He was our record signing and one with one of the best goal scoring records in the Championship. He should have stepped up and helped pull us clear. He didn't. The unlikely figures of Nuhiu and Joao were the ones who helped pull us clear. Without them, we'd be in League One and we would have sold EVERY single player and not just a run of the mill right back in Jack Hunt.

The Rhodes situation still disappoints me to this day but unfortunately, it's time to move him on and reshape the squad in a way which works with how Jos wants to set us up. I wish him well and I hope it works out for him. He lacked the mental toughness to make it work here and the turning down of THAT penalty will always haunt him. 

All the best Jordan.

• Like 1

By the way - Nixon was adamant this deal would get done...even when all the local journos said it was off.

He also called Sam Smart before anyone else.

He’s also claiming Palmer is interesting Bolton but will sign a new deal.

Just keeping you Nixon naysayers updated.

2 hours ago, Blue and white said:

I’d love to know what makes him our best striker? He certainly didn’t show it on the pitch!

He was not as prolific towards the end of his Blackburn career and he flopped at Middlesbrough.

We have better options who offer more, this is a good move for us, especially in light of FFP. 

7 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

I have chalfonts too 

I don't like what I feel ......

Ask your people for some Anusol please..

drop it off to me same time as the Audit maybe ? 

Is this you maybe? 

Nobby-piles.jpg

• Haha 2