#SWFC agree terms with Norwich for Jordan Rhodes

3 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Call that "preparing to be amazed"?

Neutron twins and a bit of a foreword by Brian Cox would be a start.

Brian Cox says he would have a got a lot more game time had it not been for Bob Bolder. Those twins weren't real and this is a very real site.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

1.5 now I reckon. If he bangs them im might get 4 for him due to his wages if he doesn’t were screwed 

Completely incorrect.     The fee now and for any future transfer will be now set in stone.   He scores, or he doesn't, but the fees are now exacting and will not move.

What they pay later has already been agreed and that's the only reason the up front fee is what Chansiri wants.

What part of Chansiri playing hardball do people not get?

We win on this one if Rhodes doesn't perform at Norwich, and we lose out if he does - but in the short term it eases cash in.

Any chance we can not have a meltdown when Rhodes starts scoring goals for fun in a Norwich shirt ??     

Lets be honest.... we all know it’s going to happen 

Just now, Royal_D said:

Any chance we can not have a meltdown when Rhodes starts scoring goals for fun in a Norwich shirt ??     

Lets be honest.... we all know it’s going to happen 

He'll bag 25 then do his ligaments on the final day so we can't flog him. 

We just know its going to happen don't we.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, s6 owl said:

He'll bag 25 then do his ligaments on the final day so we can't flog him. 

We just know its going to happen don't we.

100% 

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

To be fair to him, whilst he hasn’t scored as prolifically as we needed him to, he’s been in and out the team and must’ve got about 5 last season. If a team plays him every week regardless I think he will get a solid tally. It’s catch 22 as he simply won’t get that run here.

In the play off final, he came on after about 70 mins (never known why), and within 10 minutes he was being out run by their left back who'd played the first leg aswell. I genuinely hoped he was injured and a full preseason would allow him to get fit. Even if the fitness regime wasn't upto much under CC, he didn't look any better under Jos. 

I'm sure confidence has also been an issue, but after a cheap brace against Bolton, a tidy finish at Villa - it never happened. He's got talent, but I don't think he's a winner. I wish him well, just a gamble of a signing that never looked like paying off.

Better for all concerned if he moves on.

Clearly hasn’t worked out for him here.

Appears to be a lovely lad but looked like he was carrying a weight of expectation (and a bag of spuds) on his shoulders.

You know something is badly wrong when your star striker, signed to make the difference and helps us get promoted, won’t take a penalty in a play off semi final. That was pretty shambolic. 

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

In the play off final, he came on after about 70 mins (never known why), and within 10 minutes he was being out run by their left back who'd played the first leg aswell. I genuinely hoped he was injured and a full preseason would allow him to get fit. Even if the fitness regime wasn't upto much under CC, he didn't look any better under Jos. 

I'm sure confidence has also been an issue, but after a cheap brace against Bolton, a tidy finish at Villa - it never happened. He's got talent, but I don't think he's a winner. I wish him well, just a gamble of a signing that never looked like paying off.

I know what you mean, at Huddersfield and Blackburn he seemed to read the path of the ball perfectly and outsmart defenders. He’s had a few potential lift off moments here but the pressure to build on that and score again and again seems to have had the wrong effect. Players like Hooper, Fletcher and Nuhiu have all seemed more comfortable. The playoff semi was dissapointing and he amongst several others lacked some conviction and aggression in that game. By the end under Jos I think he looked fitter and more aggressive but we simply cannot afford to keep him having failed a third time to get promoted. I just hope fans remember that if he does well at Norwich, our hands are tied here