#SWFC agree terms with Norwich for Jordan Rhodes

Best outcome from a bunch of terrible options. Delighted we've got it done and hopefully this money will be used to make the whole squad a bit more steady. Will be fascinating to see how he gets on.

Go get em Jordan.

2 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Heard it's done deal from a mate at Norwich. Fans have got mixed feelings after his record at Borough and SWFC.

As others said wish him well and his first goal/ celebration with his dad was one of the most emotional scene many of us will ever witness at a game.

I do feel and have been vocal/ negged on here that Rhodes peaked v early on in his career and is a hasbeen of a player (although v nice genuine guy) and that signing him was def a factor in losing Hirst plus has financially hamstrung us when we really didn't need to gamble having secured Winnall for a snip. 

Shame this has happened after Venancio went elsewhere but if allows us to keep FF, BB, TL and sign a few hungry loanees from Prem then it's a brilliant outcome in terms of salvaging a big mistake. 

Rhodes got 6 in 18 in the Championship for Boro - in a team that banked on 1-0 every week and as a lone striker. If that concerns Norwich fans, they must have had some reight strikers over the years!

Hirst leaving was a factor of Rhodes signing? Hirst wouldn't have got game time - or his silly wage demands - with or without Rhodes signing.

If our financial state is that bad we need to loan out Rhodes to keep the current squad together, then we won't be challenging for promotion any time soon.

1 minute ago, s6 owl said:

Nixon reckons Norwich are paying his wages in full 

That's a great deal to be fair, typical Chansiri sticking to his guns and still had the balls to get a loan fee on top. Well done sir...or indeed Madam if Katrien involved.

:Chansiri::CEO:

3 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Not seen that mate , just the confirmation he has signed 

Was on their site 3 hrs ago... 

“It’s a fantastic football club with a great fanbase and if I play a few games this season, it will be a pleasure to do so.

“I’m looking forward to getting settled and starting up and playing a few games with the team. I’m really looking forward to pulling on the yellow and green jersey.

“It’s a sell-out every week and there are a few familiar faces here that I already know. They’ve made me feel really welcome already.

“I’m really looking forward to settling into the area, getting to know everyone and really taking in the local surroundings.”

Just now, brian joicey said:

saw it on twitter but it's from their official site 

Just searched it, took a while as their sites called canneries rather than Norwich.... 

“It’s a fantastic football club with a great fanbase and if I play a few games this season, it will be a pleasure to do so.

“I’m looking forward to getting settled and starting up and playing a few games with the team. I’m really looking forward to pulling on the yellow and green jersey.

“It’s a sell-out every week and there are a few familiar faces here that I already know. They’ve made me feel really welcome already.

“I’m really looking forward to settling into the area, getting to know everyone and really taking in the local surroundings.”

Guest Hillsborough Mole
21 minutes ago, londonowl said:

It's beleived that 12 clubs were in breach of P&S at the end of 17/18 and the EFL have taken a conciliatory stance so as not to completely destroy the transfer market this summer. All these clubs have had to show proposals as to what they are doing moving forwards to get back within limits.

EFL have previously said any sanctions would be announced before the end of season (that's the point of putting in the forecast in March) so looks like there are no sanctions this year.  

No doubt we will have told the EFL that we will me moving some players out to reduce wage bill and I think that as long as clubs appear to be playing ball, they are being pretty leniant about the whole thing.

Thank you, all of that is news to me

Do you have a source for this info?

3 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Was on their site 3 hrs ago... 

cheers mate