#SWFC agree terms with Norwich for Jordan Rhodes

Just now, addedtime said:

Done is it?

Heard it's done deal from a mate at Norwich. Fans have got mixed feelings after his record at Borough and SWFC.

As others said wish him well and his first goal/ celebration with his dad was one of the most emotional scene many of us will ever witness at a game.

I do feel and have been vocal/ negged on here that Rhodes peaked v early on in his career and is a hasbeen of a player (although v nice genuine guy) and that signing him was def a factor in losing Hirst plus has financially hamstrung us when we really didn't need to gamble having secured Winnall for a snip. 

Shame this has happened after Venancio went elsewhere but if allows us to keep FF, BB, TL and sign a few hungry loanees from Prem then it's a brilliant outcome in terms of salvaging a big mistake. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bigrbuk said:

That said... Yes, from all I’ve heard Jordan Rhodes to Norwich City on a season’s loan is a done deal. Sheffield Wednesday may well have settled on a loan fee closer to £1.5m - as well as #ncfc paying a chunk of his £40k weekly wages (how much would be a guess). #swfc

Lets hope we can put some of the 3.1 million in fees received plus the money saved on wages towards bringing a couple of new players in. 

35 minutes ago, cowl said:

Do you know the answer already?

No and niether does he 

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

No and niether does he 

What's your point then?

If you think the number is significant, and you clearly do, then why don't you find out for yourself? Or maybe you'd prefer not to know?

13 minutes ago, cowl said:

What's your point then?

If you think the number is significant, and you clearly do, then why don't you find out for yourself? Or maybe you'd prefer not to know?

My point is peoplekeep banging on about doyen but for what reason when he doesnt know wat in put they had

Guest Jack the Hat
15 hours ago, AwokenGiant said:

The floodgates will now open! 

Best put the floodlights on then. Maybe bring on a sub.

58 minutes ago, bigrbuk said:

That said... Yes, from all I’ve heard Jordan Rhodes to Norwich City on a season’s loan is a done deal. Sheffield Wednesday may well have settled on a loan fee closer to £1.5m - as well as #ncfc paying a chunk of his £40k weekly wages (how much would be a guess). #swfc

40k a week....lol...no he wasnt....

31 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

My point is peoplekeep banging on about doyen but for what reason when he doesnt know wat in put they had

We paid them a lot of money and they brought clown of all clowns to club so reckon must have had some influence.

40 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

They were one of DC's advisors, and in truth, 'advice' alone from such folk is something there should be alarm bells about.

They're unscrupulous: https://theblacksea.eu/index.php?idT=88&idC=88&idRec=1277&recType=story

João is represented by Doyen Sports, and unless some of the U23s are, I think that's it for the current squad.

31 minutes ago, cowl said:

They were one of DC's advisors, and in truth, 'advice' alone from such folk is something there should be alarm bells about.

They're unscrupulous: https://theblacksea.eu/index.php?idT=88&idC=88&idRec=1277&recType=story

João is represented by Doyen Sports, and unless some of the U23s are, I think that's it for the current squad.

Just asking, but is Matias a Doyen player?

5 hours ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Well if Im really honest - I cant understand how it makes any difference - given that the accounts book will be closed now for last season (at end of financial year May31st)

We have to submit forecasts for our year end position in March - if we did that and it showed us to be on the cusp or over our FFP margins - it may be we have negotiated some leeway to bring down our accumulated losses - maybe before the start of the season? I really don't know - that is pure speculation.

Yes there are other ways that money could be pumped in sideways - for example - sponsorship of the whole stadium. 

It's beleived that 12 clubs were in breach of P&S at the end of 17/18 and the EFL have taken a conciliatory stance so as not to completely destroy the transfer market this summer. All these clubs have had to show proposals as to what they are doing moving forwards to get back within limits.

EFL have previously said any sanctions would be announced before the end of season (that's the point of putting in the forecast in March) so looks like there are no sanctions this year.  

No doubt we will have told the EFL that we will me moving some players out to reduce wage bill and I think that as long as clubs appear to be playing ball, they are being pretty leniant about the whole thing.