#SWFC agree terms with Norwich for Jordan Rhodes

2 hours ago, Blue and white said:

This is coming back to bite us on the arse.

Why we would lend a potential promotion trivial our best striker beggars belief.

Our best striker have you seen him play forus

7 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Norwich will struggle this season, and for that reason I'm.not sure signing Rhodes will be a good move for them They're going to need players that affect games and Rhodes doesn't do that- he's a finisher, and not a lot more.

Nothing personal but whenever I read a post like this my first thought is usually, that’s Norwich being in the top 6 next season then. 

:manager:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

How?

(By parties I mean SWFC and Rhodes)

If he gets his confidence back and starts scoring goals again, his value will go up and it will be much easier to sell him if SWFC wants to ship him out. If he is kept, there is a good chance that he returns as a better player and scores also for us. He knows how to score goals, there is no question about that.

It is perhaps significant to  remember that many of the comments, currently aimed at Jordan Rhodes, we're previously aimed at Atde Nuhiu. ............

Eg,  " not good enough"  "I'd drive him there myself"  "had plenty of chances"

"Should never play for us again" "too slow" "we need better" " he needs to go""best for everyone if he goes"

Bla,Bla,Bla..

Just a thought to ponder over.

in  many cases, it is the same people who are responsible for these comments.

Up the owls...

lol

i Don’t think this will be last departure, if some of the posters figures are correct we are £30m down over last two seasons with £39m to play with. Last season saw £20m losses meaning we need to almost half expenditure or reduce by 10m or so. 

So if weve brought in 3m through Hunt and Rhodes fees (unsure if sales are spread out like purchases), reduced wages by 70-80k with those two, Loovens, Wallace, Keen going that’s another 3-4m. Still leaves us 3-4m in a hole? 

Who else could go? Lots of players in last year of contract so if they are unwilling to commit I’d expect them to be potential outgoings. Westwood, Jaoa, Bannan, Lee, Hooper. 

Winnal cant likely go until January due to injury. But could go for a profit you’d expect. 

Talk of Abdi leaving to go home has gone quiet, that would have helped you’d have thought. 

Keeo hearing Fox and Palmer but neither have any resale value and their wages aren’t problematic.

8 hours ago, s6 owl said:
Alan Nixon @reluctantnicko
Following Following @reluctantnicko
More

Alan Nixon Retweeted Kirk Hunter

Might need another gone

Alan Nixon added,

Kirk Hunter @kirk_SWFC
Replying to @reluctantnicko
Will it allow us to bring anyone in Al ?? Purse strings seem to be a tad tight at Hillsborough
11:32 PM - 9 Jul 2018

•  

Not sure I understand that logic, we let Hunt and Rhodes go for maybe over £3.6m plus wages, yet we need to let another player leave to be able to sign one player on loan? It better be someone amazing 

21 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

i Don’t think this will be last departure, if some of the posters figures are correct we are £30m down over last two seasons with £39m to play with. Last season saw £20m losses meaning we need to almost half expenditure or reduce by 10m or so. 

So if weve brought in 3m through Hunt and Rhodes fees (unsure if sales are spread out like purchases), reduced wages by 70-80k with those two, Loovens, Wallace, Keen going that’s another 3-4m. Still leaves us 3-4m in a hole? 

Well if this is true then it answers my previous post! 

What Norwich have isnt our concern. 

Our only concern is getting our wage bill down by letting a surplus misfiring striker leave for a loan fee and wages covered. 

He was never gonna be in front of our other strikers in the pecking order, all of which do more than score. They all contribute in other areas of the pitch which he lacks in. 

This is a good deal for everyone. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, McRightSide said:

By the way - Nixon was adamant this deal would get done...even when all the local journos said it was off.

He also called Sam Smart before anyone else.

He’s also claiming Palmer is interesting Bolton but will sign a new deal.

Just keeping you Nixon naysayers updated.

Yep, and broke the news about Hunt before anyone else. Yet people reckon he just makes stuff up in the hope that some of it comes true.

31 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Who else could go? Lots of players in last year of contract so if they are unwilling to commit I’d expect them to be potential outgoings. Westwood, Jaoa, Bannan, Lee, Hooper. 

Winnal cant likely go until January due to injury. But could go for a profit you’d expect. 

Talk of Abdi leaving to go home has gone quiet, that would have helped you’d have thought. 

Keeo hearing Fox and Palmer but neither have any resale value and their wages aren’t problematic.

So your whole premise is based on some Owlstalk posters “figures being correct “???

Just now, casbahowl said:

So your whole premise is based on some Owlstalk posters “figures being correct “???

Whilst some of them spout nonsense, quite a few speak sense! I'd be shocked if we don't see more leave before any come in. My only query is who will go.

38 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Do we need to balance the books NOW (this summer) or can we utilise the Jan window also? 

Edited by AwokenGiant

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

Whilst some of them spout nonsense, quite a few speak sense! I'd be shocked if we don't see more leave before any come in. My only query is who will go.

Agree with your sentiments but I ( maybe naïvely) put more stock in the words of the Chairman than absolutely anyone on OT. 

6 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Applied logic in this case.

We know what the losses are for the last two trading years because they have appeared in published accounts. We know the maximum permitted losses in a rolling three year are 39 million. Hence, arriving at a ballpark figure for this year's losses is not that difficult to estimate.

4 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

Do we need to balance the books NOW (this summer) or can we utilise the Jan window also? 

Not sure - I'd hope in Jan too, as that's earliest we could cash in on Winall.