ENGLAND 1 - 2 CROATIA | World Cup Semi Final | Matchday Thread

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Youngest team in the tournament. 

Went in with nothing expected and got the nation interested again. 

I've throughly enjoyed watching us again. There has been a tremendous pride, and joy in having that genuine excitement and connection once more. 

The seeds have been planted. 

From this we can grow 

Well done chaps. 

Well said m’lud. Bang on. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, themaskedowl said:

A new winner would be good. 

Only 8 teams won the damn thing, but I'm sure that France is bridge too far for us.

Btw. Is Thuram still playing for France ?!

• Like 1

It’s harsh to be too critical, but it seems that If England don’t blow teams away with the initial energy, pace and power in the first half an hour, then they struggle when the game settles down and it turns into a war of attrition 

For what it's worth, I don't think we'd have beaten the French anyway, so we've cheated the hangman so to speak.

We don't want to be losing finals to the French at any price, or we'd never hear the end of it.

Band of sacred cunnards.

And the main thing is that we didn't go out on pens.

For once we've over-achieved, and it just showed what can be achieved when unrealistic expectations aren't heaped on their shoulders.

It makes you wonder what we could have done in the past had the tabloids not cynically built the team up just to knock it down.

Neither team nor manager has the experience to challenge for the World Cup yet, but maybe next time.

Well done, and let's hope the Croats can finish the job.

Edited by Athelwulf
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, malek said:

Only 8 teams won the damn thing, but I'm sure that France is bridge too far for us.

Btw. Is Thuram still playing for France ?!

Never say never. You have to be in it to win it. Worried that Frances pace will worry a tired Croatia. However, a friend of mine has assured me that Croatia will be fine after a few glasses of Slivovitz.