ENGLAND 1 - 2 CROATIA | World Cup Semi Final | Matchday Thread

Stones switched off, ironic given our defenders have been our best players and keeper.

On the positive side we have a better style of play than we have in years but unfortunately too many players not currently at their best.

Got the luck of the draw, from playing Belgium when we'd already qualified, through to the semi.

Played 2 decent sides in the tournament, and were beaten by both.

Not too disappointed, as I think we did as well as we were capable, and I didn't expect anything more.

Youngest team in the tournament. 

Went in with nothing expected and got the nation interested again. 

I've throughly enjoyed watching us again. There has been a tremendous pride, and joy in having that genuine excitement and connection once more. 

The seeds have been planted. 

From this we can grow 

Well done chaps. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, The Batman said:

Got the luck of the draw, from playing Belgium when we'd already qualified, through to the semi.

Played 2 decent sides in the tournament, and were beaten by both.

Not too disappointed, as I think we did as well as we were capable, and I didn't expect anything more.

Pretty much. Plenty of positives, build for the Euro’s.

Sterling and Lingard disappointed, need a better option than Henderson and Dier isn’t currently it. You have to hit these tournaments with players in form like France, Belgium, Croatia we have several that aren’t unfortunately and ultimately it showed.

Edited by Morepork