Request to #SWFC about the kits online

Screen Shot 2018-07-08 at 16.58.46.jpg

Dear Sheffield Wednesday

On the online megastore please PLEASE can you put the size in inches on the dropdown list of sizes

e.g. Medium (28" chest)

Really easy, simple idea that's easy to implement and would make our lives sooooo much easier when ordering - especially when nobody has a scooby doo what size L is or XXL these days.

I was going to buy one of the old away shirts (not the banana one) today but don't want to risk/can't be arsed getting the wrong size sent so haven't bothered. 

It would be a really positive addition/solution and would help us out so much - can we have this please?

Owlstalk Shop

I tried to find the 'sizing' button on the shirt page but there isn't one

Just thought that when each shirt came in the staff could measure each size from armpit to armpit and from top to bottom and put it on the website

Would only take one person one hour to do that. I bet they spend wayyyyyyy more time dealing with returns cos of sizing that this would avoid.

Pretty sure they have the time at some point to do that so thought it would be an easy win and save SWFC time and money by not having as many returns (and more sales - they'd have made a sale today with me looking to buy one)

Owlstalk Shop

38 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screen Shot 2018-07-08 at 16.58.46.jpg

Dear Sheffield Wednesday

On the online megastore please PLEASE can you put the size in inches on the dropdown list of sizes

e.g. Medium (28" chest)

Really easy, simple idea that's easy to implement and would make our lives sooooo much easier when ordering - especially when nobody has a scooby doo what size L is or XXL these days.

I was going to buy one of the old away shirts (not the banana one) today but don't want to risk/can't be arsed getting the wrong size sent so haven't bothered. 

It would be a really positive addition/solution and would help us out so much - can we have this please?

Maybe emailing the club via the website or contacting their twitter page would be a more productive way of asking them a question, than posting on here. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Auckland Owl said:

Maybe emailing the club via the website or contacting their twitter page would be a more productive way of asking them a question, than posting on here. 

Thank you for the idea/advice mate

Much appreciated

I'll bear that in mind

*throws idea in the bin and carries on with life*

lol

Owlstalk Shop

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I tried to find the 'sizing' button on the shirt page but there isn't one

Just thought that when each shirt came in the staff could measure each size from armpit to armpit and from top to bottom and put it on the website

Would only take one person one hour to do that. I bet they spend wayyyyyyy more time dealing with returns cos of sizing that this would avoid.

Pretty sure they have the time at some point to do that so thought it would be an easy win and save SWFC time and money by not having as many returns (and more sales - they'd have made a sale today with me looking to buy one)

I’m a 50” chest and tried a 3xl and it was way to small - got one from toffs instead 

Guest Hillsborough Mole
14 hours ago, Auckland Owl said:

Are you trying to suggest that the club aren't using a website with 30,000 contributors who follow Wednesday to gauge reactions, do market research, pick up ideas and suggestions etc??

poo

It's worse than I thought down there

Guest addedtime
14 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Thank you for the idea/advice mate

Much appreciated

I'll bear that in mind

*throws idea in the bin and carries on with life*

lol

He's right though!

15 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Dear Sheffield Wednesday

e.g. Medium (28" chest)

If we're knocking out medium shirts with such a small chest then we've got bigger problems.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Shipley Owl said:

If we're knocking out medium shirts with such a small chest then we've got bigger problems.

yeah the example I used was clearly a completely fabricated number given that I'm not adequately experienced in sizing up shirt sizing without the aid of a clear explanation of what to expect whilst purchasing a shirtHENCE THE flipping THREAD

FFS

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Guest addedtime
3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

yeah the example I used was clearly a completely fabricated number given that I'm not adequately experienced in sizing up shirt sizing without the aid of a clear explanation of what to expect whilst purchasing a shirtHENCE THE flipping THREAD

FFS

lol

We assume you've contacted the club?

4 hours ago, GoldGigsChris said:

Belly size as well as chest size would be useful :tango:

The club could do a two piece shirt with a zip on the midrift so you can get a shirt for the chest and one for the belly depending on your size. 

Maybe even have two sponsors one for the chest and one for the belly :duntmatter: if you belling increases or decrease in the season you can buy additional lower parts. 

• Haha 1

Email the club :CEO:

Every time I did I never got a response. In the end I had to phone them to get help because my personal details would never save on the online megastore and they said they’d get someone to ring me back the next day when he was in.

Never happened. 

Has anyone been on the Wednesday website recently?  On a page advertising the sale of  2017 /18 shirts is the addendum which gives the sizes :-

S -38-40ins, M - 40-42:

Edited by Buxtongent
incomplete

10 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Has anyone been on the Wednesday website recently?  On a page advertising the sale of  2017 /18 shirts is the addendum which gives the sizes :-

S -38-40ins, M - 40-42:

That's great news! Gonna have a look now

Owlstalk Shop