Remember when

20 hours ago, room0035 said:

When Burnley sold Keane to Everton they tried to sign Lees to replace him and we didn't allow it/get the fee we wanted. Now look where Burnley are and a few of their players were unlucky to not make the England squad, think if Lees had left us 18 months ago he could be in that squad now - who knows but as things stand he isn't and Maguire is

I think any ambitious player from below the PL would be mad not to want to play for Dyche at Burnley - especially defenders and goalkeepeers. Heaton, Pope, Tarkowski, Keane and Cork all received England recognition after signing for Dyche and apparently Mee and Ashley Barnes came close to a call up for friendlies last season.

Trippier was signed by Howe but has admitted his defending improved no end when Dyche succeeded Howe.

Burnley are still looking for a centre half - two if Mee leaves - but I doubt Lees is still on Dyche's radar. He tried to sign Worrall from Forest last season but they wanted £15 million.

Edited by ReluctantNicko

A lot of the Liverpool players started as Everton fans, but no doubt playing for Liverpool youth and then the first team made them change.  

John Terry was a Man Utd fan, but you never hear him talk about it.

The point is? I have no idea