Jack Hunt from #SWFC to Bristol City

I think Jos prefers Palmer to Hunt - he was picking Palmer ahead of Hunt consistently last season. I think Jos likes teams that can defend and, let’s face it, Palmer is better defensively than Hunt. Palmer can also put in a better cross than Hunt.

The thing that has let Palmer down over the last few seasons is his fitness within games - his general cardio fitness (ability to quickly recover) and stamina (ability to sustain long periods of high energy work) - it’s well documented that the team was in general weren’t fit enough. 

I think the OwlsTalk sheep and bedwetters are out in force in this thread. Let’s trust Jos and if that’s going with Palmer, let’s see what happens first before p1551ng our pants about it. 

• Haha 2

No problem with JH leaving.......and a decent fee to boot..............providing we bring in a loan or freebie who is BETTER.

Palmer is not good enough, league 1 standard at best, and all those saying Baker should replace him are basing this on what ?.......1 performance ?

Who knows , if we can manage to shift out a few more like this (Jones, Fox, Rhodes etc) then we may not need to offload any of our marquee players.

1 minute ago, shandypants said:

I think Jos prefers Palmer to Hunt - he was picking Palmer ahead of Hunt consistently last season. I think Jos likes teams that can defend and, let’s face it, Palmer is better defensively than Hunt. Palmer can also put in a better cross than Hunt.

The thing that has let Palmer down over the last few seasons is his fitness within games - his general cardio fitness (ability to quickly recover) and stamina (ability to sustain long periods of high energy work) - it’s well documented that the team was in general weren’t fit enough. 

I think the OwlsTalk sheep and bedwetters are out in force in this thread. Let’s trust Jos and if that’s going with Palmer, let’s see what happens first before p1551ng our pants about it. 

Agreed. Always preferred Palmer anyway. 

Lets just see what Jos's plans are. We know need to move players on before bringing others in, so the fact we have not signed anyone, but let one go should come as no surprise. I trust Jos  to make the right decision, although if asked a personal opinion, no I don't think Palmer is good enough to take that spot on a regular basis. Lets see how it pans out.

Palmer is Horrendous to say the least, he offers absolutely nothing to a team with ambitions of promotion, and to suggest he is a better defender than Hunt is just laughable (Hunt isn't the best I know). Palmer is either lazy or just not good enough at this level, I'd be happy to never see him wear a Wednesday shirt again to be honest.

I'm not writing off any of our squad at the moment considering the improvement over the latter part of the season for Nuhiu under Jos.  A proper pre-season of hard work, fitness and tactical nous with clear instructions given to the players of what is expected, how Jos wants them to play and who knows who will be better players for it.

17 minutes ago, trotter said:

I really don't get the Palmer love in.  Bang average is a massive over statement.

Palmer love in? 

This tread is far from that. 

Every other post is slating him. Been the same for years. 

Edited by Beholder

Guest wilyfox
11 minutes ago, spike1867 said:

We're all assuming Hunt will pass his medical at Brizzle...

The Brizzle has spoken.