Possible player exit?

I honestly think 1.6million for hunt is a good deal.

yes good on his day, but positionally I don’t think he is good enough for a promotion contending team. 1 year left on his contract I think, move him on

be on decent wages, could snap up a good right back on a loan or free transfer

decent business

You do all know that he’s out of contract in 12 months don’t you?

he’ll be on decent wages, always injured, 1.6 mill not bad I don’t think, I’m sure a prem loan signing lined up, makes perfect sense 

Meh

In the last year of his contact, been increasingly suffering niggles recently and has always proved inconsistent, I really don't think this sounds like a terrible deal.

While I'd certainly not be happy starting the season with Palmer as first choice, at the end of the day we are where we are re finances and there will always have to be some calculated risks taken.

Edited by Cosby Blunkett

As long as we replace him, i’m Not fussed. Frustrating player, but better than Palmer. 

If we make signings for any positions this summer it has to be centre back and now right wing back. We cannot have Palmer starting there.

Reach is going to be left wing back and we are just going to have to settle with Fox as back up.

I’m hoping to see 6-7 leave and 2-3 quality players come in. We are not far away! 

Honestly ...... that’s not a bad deal 

I do like Hunt and I think he’s a decent player, but his injury record concerns me and I also think he would be very replaceable in the loan market 

Considering he's one of the only players with pace in the squad it's a bit worrying. 

Add to that the fact that if we want to play 352 we will have to improve our wing backs and Hunt is a player that would have been worth keeping. 

However, as people have said, he isn't an outstanding performer although can be decent on his day. £1.6M feels a bit cheap in this day would've wanted closer to £2.5M really and more if his contract was longer. 

The thing we have to do is sign some decent wing backs quickly and that isn't cheap considering they can arguably be one of the most important positions on the pitch nowadays. 

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

I do like Hunt and I think he’s a decent player, but his injury record concerns me and I also think he would be very replaceable in the loan market 

I hope we get some good young loans in from Prem. Would help with FFP and also energise our own academy lads.

I’m actually really glad that Chansiri is switched onto the fact we need to move a few players out, gives me confidence that our transfer policy might be moving in the right direction 

i might be one of a few but this close season I’m more bothered about moving a few on before we sign anyone, we’ve such an absolute cluster of a squad with absolutely no balance I think it’s vital we clear the decks a bit and then look at freshening it up properly 

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Doesn't everyone's injury record concern you?

Hunt hasn't been able to kick on, he is only marginally better than Palmer at crossing although at least he does put the occasional good one in.

I know sometimes it's better the devil you know, but I'd take a gamble on either in the right back position and see if making some kind of change, either loan in or youth promoted, makes an improvement.