Possible player exit?

Just now, MEGMAN82 said:

Poor business for me terrible fee in this day and age. £3m even with his injury record. 

With only 12 months left on his deal? Doubt we’d get much more for him, especially if we start the season and he gets crocked. In a way it’s good to see we’ve learned our lesson after Hirst. 

5 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

£1.6m is a good return IMO for a player who is pretty hot and cold with a sketchy injury record. 

Get a younger replacement on a free. 

So do you think we could replace him with someone at least as good for £1.6m and on no higher wages - I certainly don't.

2 minutes ago, swfcjam said:

Sell hunt and sign Sam byram on loan and buy venancio with the money? 

Not a bad shout, I'd forgot we'd been linked with Byram. If we know he's coming in then it makes sense to let Hunt go, you wouldn't expect him to want to hang about on the bench. Palmer as cover is still a worry.

1 minute ago, mogbad said:

Not a bad shout, I'd forgot we'd been linked with Byram. If we know he's coming in then it makes sense to let Hunt go, you wouldn't expect him to want to hang about on the bench. Palmer as cover is still a worry.

We'd have Baker as well though. Palmer isn't that bad of a player in all honestly but we wouldn't want him starting often.

The more i think about it more it makes sense. Year left on deal and injury prone. He is a decent player though but if we can get someone better in then I'm all for it.