Possible player exit?

4 minutes ago, Smog said:

I reckon it could be hooper/fletcher. Not featured much and Jo’s might not see one of them in his future plans based on performances without them last year. 

If Hooper can stay fit he could make any first time in the league. Quite possibly the smartest attacking player we have.

Some people were also saying we could do without Fernando... until he came back.

Edited by bobness

Guest Hillsborough Mole
1 minute ago, mindingthegap2012 said:

Jack Hunt to Bristol City. Would rather not lose him if it can be helped...

Was just about to type this - heard the same today too

1 minute ago, bobness said:

If Hooper can stay fit he could make any first time in the league. Quite possibly the smartest attacking player we have.

Some people were saying the same about Fernando... until he came back.

That’s why I reckon could be unexpected departure. He always seems to be away from the club, even if he was injured. Could be wrong but wouldn’t be a massive shock. Personally I would be gutted to see hooper leave, as I agree with you 

Where's all this Hunt to Bristol City thing come about? 

Surely we wouldn't do that for a low fee, leaving us with Palmer? We'd have to sign someone to replace and probably pay a sizeable fee if he was to be first choice 

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

Fox  I reckon £250k or summat

Wouldn't be the first time Katrien flogged Fox :ph34r:

11 minutes ago, Smog said:

I reckon it could be hooper/fletcher. Not featured much and Jo’s might not see one of them in his future plans based on performances without them last year. 

Jo’s already said fletcher like a new signing 

13 minutes ago, joelswfc said:

Bizarrely, we’re at the stage where almost any player exit is positive. The fact he hasn’t said it’s a key player says to me it can’t be Baz/FF. Expect Palmer/Lee/Hutch.

Curveball could be Joao but reckon Nixon would have made more of a fuss.

Nuhui 500k to Rovrum

Guest oz_owl
11 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Where's all this Hunt to Bristol City thing come about? 

Surely we wouldn't do that for a low fee, leaving us with Palmer? We'd have to sign someone to replace and probably pay a sizeable fee if he was to be first choice 

Huddersfield built a promotion winning squad by spending very little, and Jos will have similar contacts in the German leagues where there seem to be bargains to be found.

Alternatively Ash Baker looked very promising in the same role - they could be really high on his potential.

Hunt will likely be on a decent salary, and wouldn't be considered a key player by most - he hasn't really played (consistently) to the level that was expected when he joined.

Edited by oz_owl
grammar police...

2 minutes ago, oz_owl said:

Huddersfield built a promotion winning squad by spending very little, so there's obviously ways to create a squad that doesn't cost an enormous amount and Jos will have similar contacts in the German leagues where there seem to be bargains to be found.

Alternatively Ash Baker looked very promising in the same role - they could be really high on his potential.

Hunt will likely be on a decent salary, and wouldn't be considered a key player by most - he hasn't really played (consistently) to the level that was expected when he joined.

But he was a clear step ahead of Palmer. He just had some injury issues.

Personally id be looking to go into the season with Hunt and Ash Baker and try move on Palmer