Friendly today

5 minutes ago, 1867Heaven said:

Clubs like that charge for friendlies, I know they a small ground but when Bournemouth played a big side a few years ago(Barca I think) they had to charge £50 so as not to make a loss on it

can you imagine the carnage on here if we decided to charge 50-60 quid for a friendly, regardless of the opposition........

• Like 2

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

But a few big games at home against good teams with 20,000 turning up helps the FFP with more revenue.

Didn't Bournemouth the season they got promoted play Real Madrid at home and charge something like £60 a ticket to help with the FFP - all ideas we never seem to do.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/23400938 

If we had Barcelona or Bayern Munich turning up i am sure fans would pay £30- £40 to see them with 20,000+ at Hillsborough maybe even 30,000 that would bring in a few million quid in gate receipts and spend on the day.

easier said than done though getting 2 of the biggest teams in Europe to a English Championship team

we're playing VIllareal don't forget, more realistic & with £15 a ticket we will be looking at around 9-10k at a guess turning up, decent profit for a friendly

we played Rangers last season, good crowd for that & £15 a pop

1 hour ago, marcx666 said:

can you imagine the carnage on here if we decided to charge 50-60 quid for a friendly, regardless of the opposition........

If we played Barcelona at home and charge £40 for a ticket or Bristol City at home for £47

I know which I would rather see Messi, Suarez, Pique, Dembelle, Busquets OR

Marlon Pack, Marley Watkins, Joe Bryan, Nathan Baker err tough one.

Look it just an idea to try and help the perennial issue of FFP - £40 a head, 20-30,000 to see one of the best teams in the world would help the coffers instead we have lined up Villareal which does inspire anyone.  

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

If we played Barcelona at home and charge £40 for a ticket or Bristol City at home for £47

I know which I would rather see Messi, Suarez, Pique, Dembelle, Busquets OR

Marlon Pack, Marley Watkins, Joe Bryan, Nathan Baker err tough one.

Look it just an idea to try and help the perennial issue of FFP - £40 a head, 20-30,000 to see one of the best teams in the world would help the coffers instead we have lined up Villareal which does inspire anyone.  

1 hour ago, Bolsterstone Owl said:

Barca fee is £2m. 

That's £60 a ticket on a 35000 sell out, just to pay them. 

I get the idea, but, we'd make nothing