ENGLAND VS COLOMBIA | Official Matchday Thread

Neither Colombia or Sweden are mugs, but anybody serious about reaching the business end of the World Cup have to be confident of beating teams like these.

One semi final appearance in 50 years means I'm rarely confident of England at the World Cup, but if they can make the semi's, even I might start believing.

Only 3 of the worlds top 10 are left in the competition, and they're ALL in the other side of the draw.

I doubt we'll get another chance like this for a long, long time, question is, have we got the balls to REALLY go for it?

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, Vaughan said:

If we win , we can look forward to the next stage of this journey.  We came into this World Cup expecting nothing from this squad and if we go out tonight then so be it.  The way the draw has worked out means that fans and the media are doing exactly the same thing they always do and heaping pressure on a team that 3 weeks ago would have been happy reaching the last 16 

i hope we win , I think we will but as it’s England it will either be 4-0 or on Penalties. 

Incidentally , I am watching the match in Old Town Sozopol tonight with undoubtedly a shed load of Bulgarian and Russian fans.   :unsure:

Love sozopol.

Enjoy the rakia!!

I just want to see a performance from 1 to 11, no excuses, no we are on a learning curve, no it was too hot or the ref was against us.

We have had a wee wee easy group and now need to beat Columbia (16), Sweden (24) and probably Russia (70) to get to a world cup final. If we do not give our all to do it then we will have missed our best chance in my lifetime. 

Of course I would love England to do well but after so many years, you lose a bit of hope and unfortunately, a bit of interest/passion.

Really, I want them to do well for my kids. At 8 and 14, they haven't been through it all quite so much and are still full of optimism and hope.

I'm determined to stay calm and let this match unfold  :cool:

If we get the performance we're all hoping for - as opposed to the one we're half expecting - then we'll have Sweden to play on Saturday

for a place in the semis

That should be incentive enough

Guest LittleG

Would have preferred Rashford to Sterling and Rose to Young. How Young gets a place is beyond me; in the matches we've played I've yet to see him try and go past a player. Surely this is the minimum requirement in the position he plays

12 minutes ago, EvanGeorgeParkin said:

Does anyone have any idea how the Columbia fans have managed to secure more tickets than our fans? Seems bizarre to me

Yes, England fans haven't travelled in numbers, we've bottled it too be honest.  Which is ironic as the tournament seems to have been more or less trouble free?  Coincidence?