@owlstalk

ENGLAND VS COLOMBIA | Official Matchday Thread

This could be the closest thing to heaven

Not sure I'm being too pessimistic, but yes we've beaten the mighty panama, squeezed past the Tunisians rough stuff and made 8 changes and seccumbed to a narrow defeat against Belgium, we've played some fantastic football, lost concentration at times and being lethargic.... 

I can't remove the thought though in the back of my mind the stage is set for falcao the columbian Premier league flop to haunt us by scoring the winner. 

I just can't see us winning tonight.

Colombia are an excellent team and were very unlucky to lose to Brazil in the quarter finals four years ago, they have a couple of premiership players wanting to prove a point and at 3-1 to win the game I shall be lumping on.

I will be more than happy to be proved wrong but I think they will win by 2 goals.

3 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Colombia are an excellent team and were very unlucky to lose to Brazil in the quarter finals four years ago, they have a couple of premiership players wanting to prove a point and at 3-1 to win the game I shall be lumping on.

I will be more than happy to be proved wrong but I think they will win by 2 goals.

Agree with all of this

Cannot see anything but a 2-0 Colombia win

3 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

a couple? we have a team full of top premiership players. people always talk down england, but these guys are young and hungry AF

1 minute ago, Woodhouse_owl said:

a couple? we have a team full of top premiership players. people always talk down england, but these guys are young and hungry AF

Fair point but we always seem to get done by current or ex premiership players.

Ballotelli

Moldovan

Petrescu.

People talk down England for good reason, we have won just 1 knockout game in 12 years!!

I think we could beat them or they could beat us tbf.

Might be a draw. 

• Haha 2

we'll win easy..3 0 England ,kane double and a Henderson screamer 

• Agree 1

Colombia have relied heavily on Rodríguez and he may not play.

I worry about our defence but I believe we can score more than them.

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Woodhouse_owl said:

Already nervous and its only 11! dont know how im gonna get through work today

Been at work since 8 so i get an early finish

Done nothing yet but pace around the office nervously!!!

Not even sure it's my office!!!

• Haha 4

Just now, torres said:

Been at work since 8 so i get an early finish

Done nothing yet but pace around the office nervously!!!

Not even sure it's my office!!!

You need a drink mate calm you down I have the day off and am nervous as owt don’t know what to do to pass the time !! Ha 

• Like 1

I think Colombia are better than us, and I think that going forward they have too much quality for our defence. Sadly our defence was also going to be the sticking point when we got to this stage.

They have a beast of a centre half as well that has already powered in two headed goals - he'll need watching.

I know Southgate will have them prepared, but the youthful freshness that can be such a bonus could turn into naivety and inexperience very quickly.

Anyway, we all know we are going out on penalties so let's just enjoy the atmosphere..

19 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

I think Colombia are better than us, and I think that going forward they have too much quality for our defence. Sadly our defence was also going to be the sticking point when we got to this stage.

They have a beast of a centre half as well that has already powered in two headed goals - he'll need watching.

I know Southgate will have them prepared, but the youthful freshness that can be such a bonus could turn into naivety and inexperience very quickly.

Anyway, we all know we are going out on penalties so let's just enjoy the atmosphere..

so do we..... stones

Been trying to get down to work to take my mind off the game but there's some guy keep walking past who keeps distracting me. I'm not even sure he works here!

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

Been trying to get down to work to take my mind off the game but there's some guy keep walking past who keeps distracting me. I'm not even sure he works here!

pipe down in there!!

You are putting me off my nervous pacing!!!

Said it on another thread.  This is it Charlton FA cup match again.  Too many looking at who we play next

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, darklord said:

Said it on another thread.  This is it Charlton FA cup match again.  Too many looking at who we play next

Don’t flipping remind me of that game, we totally bottled it- I was livid. 

• Agree 1