George Hirst reveals new shirt

He was offered the best contract ever offered for his age group and said no. He had 1 sub appearance for the first team. 

Mr Chansiri was probably hurt and angered by this and maybe stopped him playing for the U23 team (not proven). Katrien came in and towards the end of the season George was playing for the U23's again, presumably with the hope of him changing his mind or banging some more goals in and getting an actual decent fee for him. 

Neither happened and instead George and his advises decided to shaft the very club he "Supposedly" had supported all his life. The move just comes across as spiteful and some sort of payback. 

Lets hope Borukov can push on and we can nail him down long term. It's inevitable we will lose our very best prospects while we remain in this league and even beyond when the big teams come calling. But let's try and make sure we are suitably compensated in the future to avoid un savoury dealings as just witnessed. 

3 minutes ago, jamthesun said:

AAAAAARRGH!

Can we stop with the George Hirst threads.

fizz the little tail and fizz his dad.

Got to agree. Why are we wsting good space on our website advertising another club's shirt and aplayer who, as far as we are concerned is a totally useless commodity.? 

27 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Well it seems to have split the fanbase. 

I do think the 'feck the greedy Tvv@t' attitude is pretty mindless though. Emotional reasoning. No brain engagement required. 

Whereas to blame the club entirely with little or no knowledge of the facts requires enough intelligence to join Mensa ?.

24 minutes ago, Beholder said:

I do think the 'feck the greedy Tvv@t' attitude is pretty mindless though. Emotional reasoning. No brain engagement required. 

The greed element is just football. It's not that that wee wees me off. The slightly backhanded way the move was engineered to seemingly avoid compensation payments to the club shows that some of our heroes don't feel the same way about the club. Sad and annoying but I'm not losing any sleep about it.

He is unproven - we wouldn't have this much nonsense about Nando leaving which would be a significantly bigger blow to out immediate prospects. I am fed up with thread after thread about him. If his surname wasn't Hirst he'd have been forgotten about ages ago.

HE'S NOT OUR PLAYER. LET IT GO!

4 minutes ago, jamthesun said:

The greed element is just football. It's not that that wee wees me off. The slightly backhanded way the move was engineered to seemingly avoid compensation payments to the club shows that some of our heroes don't feel the same way about the club. Sad and annoying but I'm not losing any sleep about it.

He is unproven - we wouldn't have this much nonsense about Nando leaving which would be a significantly bigger blow to out immediate prospects. I am fed up with thread after thread about him. If his surname wasn't Hirst he'd have been forgotten about ages ago.

HE'S NOT OUR PLAYER. LET IT GO!

It gets let go of when it gets let go of. 

Threads like this actually help with that as we all get to talk it to death till we are sick of it and then move on. 

As for me it was just a dream to see a player of Hirsts calibre play for us again. Now that seems much less likely. 

I have no problem with footballers being professionals and maximising their earning potential.

I do have a problem with them saying what big fans of the club they are after deliberately hurting it though. 

8 minutes ago, sage owl said:

Whereas to blame the club entirely with little or no knowledge of the facts requires enough intelligence to join Mensa ?.

Not mensa exactly but maybe giving it a bit more consideration than blindly accepting the club's version and then saying 'feck that tvv@t' 

4 minutes ago, Beholder said:

It gets let go of when it gets let go of. 

Threads like this actually help with that as we all get to talk it to death till we are sick of it and then move on. 

As for me it was just a dream to see a player of Hirsts calibre play for us again. Now that seems much less likely. 

fizz me. If you still need to "talk this through" you either need to get a sense of proportion or a therapist.

He wanted to go and earn more money than we were prepared to offer him. Fair enough.

Just be honest about it though and don't pretend you're a fan. It's insulting to the thousands of fans who would have loved the chance he had.

Edited by BIG D

45 minutes ago, Beholder said:

I’ve no problem with him wanting to earn more money, I’d be exactly the same.

I have a real problem with the way him, his dad and Leicester have screwed the club out of money they deserve by signing for Leicester through the back door.

Can you imagine what would happen to clubs further down the football league ladder if this sort of transfer activity become common practice!? Some clubs rely on developing talent and selling it on just to survive.

F**k him, not because he wants more money but because of how he’s gone about things.

Just now, TrickyTrev said:

I’ve no problem with him wanting to earn more money, I’d be exactly the same.

I have a real problem with the way him, his dad and Leicester have screwed the club out of money they deserve by signing for Leicester through the back door.

Can you imagine what would happen to clubs further down the football league ladder if this sort of transfer activity become common practice!? Some clubs rely on developing talent and selling it on just to survive.

F**k him, not because he wants more money but because of how he’s gone about things.

Exactly this, as I said above it's dishonest.

4 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Not mensa exactly but maybe giving it a bit more consideration than blindly accepting the club's version and then saying 'feck that tvv@t' 

The backhanded way he's gone about his move to Leicester has alienated a significant number of people who previously supported or sympathised with him. For what it's worth my opinion is that no one comes out of this debacle with any credit. Unless of course a factual event of what really happened becomes available.

10 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Forget him now. Preslav Borukov is the future.

Add to that Jordan O'brien, ex Leicester Academy forward. Let's hope he turns out a better prospect than GH and turns the table on em. 

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
46 minutes ago, Beholder said:

I actually agree with that but likewise with some of the adverse assumptions against DC. It's a sad state and perhaps both 'sides' might have done things differently with the benefit of hindsight.

Going forward the problem will be that should he not develop as hoped then some will relish that just as some will vent should he do a Vardy.

The sage word now is that we should have accepted the alleged £2m on offer from Leicester. That being the case then that should be the benchmark of potential losses rather than some hypothetical inflated future value. In reality given how football is nowadays we were never realistically going to be able to prudently compete with a premier league club and his leaving was therefore pretty inevitable IMO.

On an upnote the Borukov 2 year deal is the latest in more promising recent signs regarding our youngsters.

11 minutes ago, alan48 said:

Brooks - £12mill .

Hirst - £169k.

Something not quite right there . Maybe Katrien needs to have a word with those working in the sty?

Brooks shown a lot more at a higher level than Hirst, that’s the difference.