George Hirst reveals new shirt

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

That's not the same though. 

David Hirst had a proven track record in the top flight, won England caps and so on. He retired about 20 years ago. 

George is a kid with one substitute senior appearance against Reading. You may have watched a handful of clips on Youtube, but to sit there and tell everyone that the lad should have been a first teamer (above the likes of Hooper, Nando, Fletcher and so on) is just mental. 

Plus - the first team football thing...complete red herring imo. This largely came down to money, not opportunity (or lack thereof). 

You are the one trying to catch me out with a question you already knew the answer to.

I saw David play.

It wasn't just the goals I loved. It was the aggression. The turns of acceleration from a standstill.

The bits I have seen of George reminded me of that.

Obviously everything else i base on other knowledge- not on seeing the player. We were all denied that privilege by the chairman.

Edited by Beholder

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
1 minute ago, Willow Owl said:

He had one season when he scored over 30 goals, and was injured for a period of time that season. Are you honestly saying he looked after himself as best he could, especially when injured.

Yes i have been watching Wednesday since 74/75 season. 

It was a shocking tackle agreed, but that was not why he had so many other injuries. 

Yes whilst I think the Bould tackle was a tipping point he did seem more injury prone than most even prior to that.

2 minutes ago, Beholder said:

You are the one trying to catch me out with a question you already knew the answer to.

I saw David play.

It wasn't just the goals I loved. It was the aggression. The turns of acceleration from a standstill.

Obviously everything else i base on other knowledge- not on seeing the player. We were all denied that privilege by the chairman.

When did the swearing incident happen?

4 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

He had one season when he scored over 30 goals, and was injured for a period of time that season. Are you honestly saying he looked after himself as best he could, especially when injured.

Yes i have been watching Wednesday since 74/75 season. 

It was a shocking tackle agreed, but that was not why he had so many other injuries. 

He never really got going again after that injury which was a travesty for us and the player.

In retrospect we should have taken the Manu money but who knew that would happen?

I think the drinking thing is made more of than it should be. Lots of players liked a drink in them days. it was the culture in football.

2 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Give over.

Is that really what you think all this rests on? Ridiculous.

Trying to work out the time line between.

Hirst Snr jacking in his job

The swearing incident

Hirst Jr turning down his contract

Wednesday pulling him out of games

Just now, BIG D said:

Trying to work out the time line between.

Hirst Snr jacking in his job

The swearing incident

Hirst Jr turning down his contract

Wednesday pulling him out of games

I don't think you will get to the truth that way.

I think those details are irrelevant anyway.

3 minutes ago, BIG D said:

They’re obviously not 

conjecture
kənˈdʒɛktʃə/
noun

1. 1. 
    an opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information.
    "conjectures about the newcomer were many and varied"
    synonyms: guess, speculation, surmise, fancy, notion, belief, suspicion, presumption, assumption, theory, hypothesis, postulation, supposition; More

verb

1. 1. 
    form an opinion or supposition about (something) on the basis of incomplete information.
    "many conjectured that she had a second husband in mind"
    synonyms: guess, speculate, surmise, infer, fancy, imagine, believe, think, suspect, presume, assume, hypothesize, take as a hypothesis, theorize, form/formulate a theory, suppose
    "I conjectured that the game was about to end"

Guest Willow Owl
39 minutes ago, Beholder said:

I saw David play.

Come on Beholder, the boys agents denied you this not DC. What would you have us do. Give him a ridiculous salary based on playing junior football and having the name Hirst. It would have caused so much unrest within the development and first team squads. He turned us down and said he would leave at the end of his contract. Despite numerous attempts by the club to resolve the situation nothing came back. I actually applaud the chairman for having the balls to stand up to agents and greedy players who only have money in mind. In my opinion he did the right thing by banning him. 

I dont like to say this, but look how Brookes conducted himself. Signed a new contract forced his way into the first team then got his move and the club get 12million. Everybody is a winner

I've heard George Hirst refused to play and was never banned and it was because he wouldn't wear the shirt without stripes.  I'd have said fair enough until I saw his horrible new shirt today but now I hate him and I love DC because he brought stripes back and because I'm a single mum I got my new shirt yesterday and so did my 4 year old daughter and mine's just like the £99 one but half the price nearly and so I love DC and I hate GH and I don't like his dad because he stinks of beer and I saw him shouting at the woman on the info desk in Asda and OITP was great.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

Well, Hooper and Fletcher were playing up until the turn of the year. 

Nuhiu and Joao then stepped in and scored over 20 goals in the second part of the season. 

Hirst Jnr wasn't getting anywhere near that first team. 

Hope that was interesting enough for you. 

Nope sorry, Hooper has not managed to play half a season since he arrived at Sheffield.

Hoopers stats   2016/2017  championship games started 17 , came on as sub 6 times, played full 90min 3 times.

2017/2018  championship games started 22 , came on as sub 2 times, playrd full  90 min 14 times.

Hope those stats for Hooper are interesting enough for you, to get promoted we need players who are strong enough

to play 40 plus games in a season.

Finally GH got no where the first team last season because our chairman banned him from playing.