George Hirst reveals new shirt

3 hours ago, Junk Smuggler said:

So pure speculation then, no fact in there whatsoever seeing as you weren't privy to any dialogue between Chansiri and his advisors and the Hirst family. Sooner people realise that since money came heavily into football there lies no loyalty the better.

To be fair, you don't need to be privy to dialogue to see if the club has been shafted. Whether it's deserved or not is another question.

While we don't know things with certainty, the picture of how transfer went down does seem a bit dodgy: Leicester putting the bid in, things kicking off with the Hirst family, Hirst signing for a European club with strong ties to Leicester. Throw Nigel Pearson (presumably a buddy of David's) into the mix, and the whole thing stinks.

Even if Wednesday/Chansiri have got their just deserts, it doesn't suggest the club haven't been shafted.

Can't bring myself to dislike David though, even if he's acted like a complete plonker. Life is bigger than football, and I'm sure he just wants the best for his son.

voCGRdka_400x400.jpg

18 minutes ago, bobness said:

To be fair, you don't need to be privy to dialogue to see if the club has been shafted. Whether it's deserved or not is another question.

While we don't know things with certainty, the picture of how transfer went down does seem a bit dodgy: Leicester putting the bid in, things kicking off with the Hirst family, Hirst signing for a European club with strong ties to Leicester. Throw Nigel Pearson (presumably a buddy of David's) into the mix, and the whole thing stinks.

Even if Wednesday/Chansiri have got their just deserts, it doesn't suggest the club haven't been shafted.

Can't bring myself to dislike David though, even if he's acted like a complete plonker. Life is bigger than football, and I'm sure he just wants the best for his son.

voCGRdka_400x400.jpg

Then why from the outset say that George would not sign for Wednesday if he had anything to do with it? That implies very strongly that it was personal and that and his son's best interests don't necessarily tally. I'm afraid this has more than a hint of revenge about it and his son is just a pawn in the whole affair.

If he were genuinely acting in his son's best interests why not leave the door open instead of refusing all contact with the club?

Edited by Utah Owl

14 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Then why from the outset say that George would not sign for Wednesday if he had anything to do with it? That implies very strongly that it was personal and that and his son's best interests don't necessarily tally. I'm afraid this has more than a hint of revenge about it and his son is just a pawn in the whole affair.

If he were genuinely acting in his son's best interests why not leave the door open instead of refusing all contact with the club?

It's possible the club acted in a reprehensible way, which would explain why George himself wouldn't want to leave that door open (principles and all that). It's also possible they believe this path will see George playing regular Premier League football within a year, banging in goals for England in the 2020 Euro's, and wearing the latest Beats headphones.

Who bloody knows.

The only thing we do know for sure is that George signed for a tinpot Begian outfit.

17 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

And the word in the football world will most probably be stay away from Sheffield Wednesday because if you fall out with the chairman your career is likely to stall massively?

Doesn’t seem to have stopped all the other youth academy lads signing pro contracts.

It does show our Chairman won’t be held to random and will deal with it in a strong manner and not have his pants pulled down.

10 hours ago, Junk Smuggler said:

So pure speculation then, no fact in there whatsoever seeing as you weren't privy to any dialogue between Chansiri and his advisors and the Hirst family. Sooner people realise that since money came heavily into football there lies no loyalty the better.

He was development player. He as just left Wednesday. Wednesday were his only parent club. What part of that is pure speculation. This as nothing to do with money and once you can understand that you may be able to move on. Of course there's no loyalty in football. Is there in any form of business. Not much really. Also I don't know you and you don't know me, so how are qualified to make a comment regarding the fact I wasn't privy to any dialogue.

30 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

He was development player. He as just left Wednesday. Wednesday were his only parent club. What part of that is pure speculation. This as nothing to do with money and once you can understand that you may be able to move on. Of course there's no loyalty in football. Is there in any form of business. Not much really. Also I don't know you and you don't know me, so how are qualified to make a comment regarding the fact I wasn't privy to any dialogue.

Apologies Dejphon.

4 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Doesn’t seem to have stopped all the other youth academy lads signing pro contracts.

It does show our Chairman won’t be held to random and will deal with it in a strong manner and not have his pants pulled down.

All the other lads haven’t been on England duty and in the company of the hottest prospects around at Chelsea, Man City, Man. Utd etc.?

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, Great Big Galaa said:

All the other lads haven’t been on England duty and in the company of the hottest prospects around at Chelsea, Man City, Man. Utd etc.?

Then why weren't Chelsea, Man City, Man United in for GH if he was that hot a property? 

1 hour ago, Great Big Galaa said:

What Willow Owl said below your post. Wasn't Tony Crane was in the England set up, and I assume you don't remember him (or the other million prospects who have turned to nothing)?