Jump to content


@owlstalk

George Hirst reveals new shirt

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Whatever side of the fence you sit with regards to the George Hirst situation, it’s surely wrong to effectively ban someone from playing for a year particularly a young prospect who’s under contract and you’re paying his wages anyway?

 

I’ll ask again, why play him over other youth players who may potentially stay? Why stunt their development? 

 

I don’t like how the chairman/club went about it, but give me a throw up between Hirst and Borukov getting game time, it’s obvious what’s in the clubs best interest.

  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


42 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

It really is a dreadful, dreadful shirt.

 

I'm sure he won't be wearing that one for long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

 

Why should the club put his development ahead of a player who actually wanted to be here, and signed a contract accordingly?

 

For me, anyone who doesn’t want to be here doesn’t play - especially when it’s a kid with everything to prove and demanding the world.

 

And the word in the football world will most probably be stay away from Sheffield Wednesday because if you fall out with the chairman your career is likely to stall massively?

Edited by Great Big Galaa
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Great Big Galaa said:

 

And the word in the football world

will most probably stay away from Sheffield Wednesday because if you fall out with the chairman your career is likely to stall massively?

Load of crap

  • Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

 

And the word in the football world will most probably be stay away from Sheffield Wednesday because if you fall out with the chairman your career is likely to stall massively?

Didn’t stall Clare’s career massively.

 

Perhaps word in the football world could be look at Wildsmith, Dawson, Thornley and Clare... if you prove yourself at Sheffield Wednesday you’ll get your chance.

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kazads said:

What money?

 

Surely the money he’ll soon be on at Leicester?! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Didn’t stall Clare’s career massively.

 

Perhaps word in the football world could be look at Wildsmith, Dawson, Thornley and Clare... if you prove yourself at Sheffield Wednesday you’ll get your chance.

 

You might be right? That said I don’t see how the club can have a positive reputation within the game when they’ve effectively banned one of their best prospects from playing football for the club for the best part of a year regardless of the whys and wherefores of the situation?

  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Great Big Galaa said:

 

You might be right? That said I don’t see how the club can have a positive reputation within the game when they’ve effectively banned one of their best prospects from playing football for the club for the best part of a year regardless of the whys and wherefores of the situation?

 

I agree with what you say,yet  the truth is none of us know the real events .

But lets hope that a very smart london law firm dont offer their services to George Hirst on

a Pro Bono basis and issue a 5 to 10 million pound writ against our Chairman and SWFC for

constructive dismissal , now that would put the cat among the pigeons.

Phew Owlstalk would go into melt down.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

 

And the word in the football world will most probably be stay away from Sheffield Wednesday because if you fall out with the chairman your career is likely to stall massively?

How many players have we had since Chansiri has been involved at wednesday?

 

How many have fallen out with him?

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BIG D said:

How many players have we had since Chansiri has been involved at wednesday?

 

How many have fallen out with him?

 

Loads? Not Many? Who Knows?

 

Bottom line this falling out to a large extent has been done in public. The chairman has allegedly barred a player from playing for the club that employs him due to a disagreement over a new contract?

 

The chairman has a right to offer a player a certain contract. The player has the right to refuse to sign it. I suspect this happens all the time in football. I’m just surprised that talk’s broke down to a such an extent that a young lad was effectively barred from playing for almost a season?

 

There’s some on here who agree with the chairman’s stance and that’s fair enough. All opinions are valid. I just feel if the lad had been allowed to play last season then the situation we’re talking about now could’ve been very different.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

 

Loads? Not Many? Who Knows?

 

Bottom line this falling out to a large extent has been done in public. The chairman has allegedly barred a player from playing for the club that employs him due to a disagreement over a new contract?

 

The chairman has a right to offer a player a certain contract. The player has the right to refuse to sign it. I suspect this happens all the time in football. I’m just surprised that talk’s broke down to a such an extent that a young lad was effectively barred from playing for almost a season?

 

There’s some on here who agree with the chairman’s stance and that’s fair enough. All opinions are valid. I just feel if the lad had been allowed to play last season then the situation we’re talking about now could’ve been very different.

He would still have left. He and his advisors received requests from DC to re open talks but they ignored him. He got the pound signs and nothing was gonna change his mind. He effectively barred himself with his stance on insisting he was leaving. Well done DC for standing up to these mercenaries. More chairman should stand up to these butt holes and the game would benefit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, outlaw pete said:

 

I agree with what you say,yet  the truth is none of us know the real events .

But lets hope that a very smart london law firm dont offer their services to George Hirst on

a Pro Bono basis and issue a 5 to 10 million pound writ against our Chairman and SWFC for

constructive dismissal , now that would put the cat among the pigeons.

Phew Owlstalk would go into melt down.

 

Wow, pity there is no rule to sue a player and his agent for engineering a move away screwing is so called boyhood team out of compensation. Absolute AHoles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GH had every right not to sign a new contract, just as every other player in Europe has the same right

to decide their own future, players are not slaves.

IMO our Chairman was petulant in banning GH from playing football because he had an argument

with his father and that decision reflects poorly on the club and our Chairman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
49 minutes ago, outlaw pete said:

GH had every right not to sign a new contract, just as every other player in Europe has the same right

to decide their own future, players are not slaves.

IMO our Chairman was petulant in banning GH from playing football because he had an argument

with his father and that decision reflects poorly on the club and our Chairman.

IMO the actions of our chairman/owner reflect no more badly than those of the player and/or his representatives.

Both have rights . Both sides to some degree have lost out to some degree. One financially the other, to a large degree, in terms of a huge downgrade in affection in the eyes of many many fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems to me that there was an element to this contract dispute that made the chairman v unhappy. Well beyond the usual. Maybe he got wind of the Belgian move.

 

So the chairman did what many employers do when an employee hands his notice AND the employer fears trouble from the employee if he stays; gardening leave. We gardened Hirst off. It's no big deal. 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, outlaw pete said:

GH had every right not to sign a new contract, just as every other player in Europe has the same right

to decide their own future, players are not slaves.

IMO our Chairman was petulant in banning GH from playing football because he had an argument

with his father and that decision reflects poorly on the club and our Chairman.

Absolute garbage, 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/07/2018 at 18:39, Junk Smuggler said:

If anyone knows the actual facts why his relationship with us fell down then feel free to share them. The lad's done what most others his age do these days and that's go with the money. We couldn't match it so he left. It may come back to bite him but there's no bad feeling from me personally. 

Fact. He use to be a development player after Wednesday had invested every penny it took him to become what he is now. His dad fcked off bedcause he spat his dummy out with the chairman, and the club who have signed him have indirectly shafted us because of the Leicester connections. Is that ok for starters. I dont give a flying f88k what you feel pal, he and his family have shafted this great club.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×