George Hirst reveals new shirt

2 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Didn’t stall Clare’s career massively.

Perhaps word in the football world could be look at Wildsmith, Dawson, Thornley and Clare... if you prove yourself at Sheffield Wednesday you’ll get your chance.

You might be right? That said I don’t see how the club can have a positive reputation within the game when they’ve effectively banned one of their best prospects from playing football for the club for the best part of a year regardless of the whys and wherefores of the situation?

1 hour ago, Great Big Galaa said:

You might be right? That said I don’t see how the club can have a positive reputation within the game when they’ve effectively banned one of their best prospects from playing football for the club for the best part of a year regardless of the whys and wherefores of the situation?

I agree with what you say,yet  the truth is none of us know the real events .

But lets hope that a very smart london law firm dont offer their services to George Hirst on

a Pro Bono basis and issue a 5 to 10 million pound writ against our Chairman and SWFC for

constructive dismissal , now that would put the cat among the pigeons.

Phew Owlstalk would go into melt down.

2 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

And the word in the football world will most probably be stay away from Sheffield Wednesday because if you fall out with the chairman your career is likely to stall massively?

How many players have we had since Chansiri has been involved at wednesday?

How many have fallen out with him?

10 minutes ago, BIG D said:

How many players have we had since Chansiri has been involved at wednesday?

How many have fallen out with him?

Loads? Not Many? Who Knows?

Bottom line this falling out to a large extent has been done in public. The chairman has allegedly barred a player from playing for the club that employs him due to a disagreement over a new contract?

The chairman has a right to offer a player a certain contract. The player has the right to refuse to sign it. I suspect this happens all the time in football. I’m just surprised that talk’s broke down to a such an extent that a young lad was effectively barred from playing for almost a season?

There’s some on here who agree with the chairman’s stance and that’s fair enough. All opinions are valid. I just feel if the lad had been allowed to play last season then the situation we’re talking about now could’ve been very different.

Guest Willow Owl
59 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Loads? Not Many? Who Knows?

Bottom line this falling out to a large extent has been done in public. The chairman has allegedly barred a player from playing for the club that employs him due to a disagreement over a new contract?

The chairman has a right to offer a player a certain contract. The player has the right to refuse to sign it. I suspect this happens all the time in football. I’m just surprised that talk’s broke down to a such an extent that a young lad was effectively barred from playing for almost a season?

There’s some on here who agree with the chairman’s stance and that’s fair enough. All opinions are valid. I just feel if the lad had been allowed to play last season then the situation we’re talking about now could’ve been very different.

He would still have left. He and his advisors received requests from DC to re open talks but they ignored him. He got the pound signs and nothing was gonna change his mind. He effectively barred himself with his stance on insisting he was leaving. Well done DC for standing up to these mercenaries. More chairman should stand up to these butt holes and the game would benefit. 

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, outlaw pete said:

But lets hope that a very smart london law firm dont offer their services to George Hirst on

a Pro Bono basis and issue a 5 to 10 million pound writ against our Chairman and SWFC for

Wow, pity there is no rule to sue a player and his agent for engineering a move away screwing is so called boyhood team out of compensation. Absolute AHoles

GH had every right not to sign a new contract, just as every other player in Europe has the same right

to decide their own future, players are not slaves.

IMO our Chairman was petulant in banning GH from playing football because he had an argument

with his father and that decision reflects poorly on the club and our Chairman.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
49 minutes ago, outlaw pete said:

GH had every right not to sign a new contract, just as every other player in Europe has the same right

IMO our Chairman was petulant in banning GH from playing football because he had an argument

IMO the actions of our chairman/owner reflect no more badly than those of the player and/or his representatives.

Both have rights . Both sides to some degree have lost out to some degree. One financially the other, to a large degree, in terms of a huge downgrade in affection in the eyes of many many fans.

It seems to me that there was an element to this contract dispute that made the chairman v unhappy. Well beyond the usual. Maybe he got wind of the Belgian move.

So the chairman did what many employers do when an employee hands his notice AND the employer fears trouble from the employee if he stays; gardening leave. We gardened Hirst off. It's no big deal. 

• Like 1

Guest Willow Owl
2 hours ago, outlaw pete said:

Absolute garbage, 

On 02/07/2018 at 18:39, Junk Smuggler said:

If anyone knows the actual facts why his relationship with us fell down then feel free to share them. The lad's done what most others his age do these days and that's go with the money. We couldn't match it so he left. It may come back to bite him but there's no bad feeling from me personally. 

Fact. He use to be a development player after Wednesday had invested every penny it took him to become what he is now. His dad fcked off bedcause he spat his dummy out with the chairman, and the club who have signed him have indirectly shafted us because of the Leicester connections. Is that ok for starters. I dont give a flying f88k what you feel pal, he and his family have shafted this great club.

Just now, Hawkowl said:

Not going to happen.

Every thread that has George Hirst in the title will boost more owlstalk readers massively.

FFS.

It's done it again.

I said 51ght traff1c not Owlstalk readers.

FFS.

1 hour ago, CLswfc said:

Fact. He use to be a development player after Wednesday had invested every penny it took him to become what he is now. His dad fcked off bedcause he spat his dummy out with the chairman, and the club who have signed him have indirectly shafted us because of the Leicester connections. Is that ok for starters. I dont give a flying f88k what you feel pal, he and his family have shafted this great club.

So pure speculation then, no fact in there whatsoever seeing as you weren't privy to any dialogue between Chansiri and his advisors and the Hirst family. Sooner people realise that since money came heavily into football there lies no loyalty the better.

On 02/07/2018 at 15:45, Beholder said:

He never really got going again after that injury which was a travesty for us and the player.

In retrospect we should have taken the Manu money but who knew that would happen?

I think the drinking thing is made more of than it should be. Lots of players liked a drink in them days. it was the culture in football.

Shearer managed it and he had at least as many serious injuries as Hirst.

As for your later comment about conjecture that really is the supreme irony because everything you have posted is exactly that!

9 hours ago, outlaw pete said:

Seriously lollollol

Hirst refused to sign a new contract and he has been paid according to the terms of his previous contract. There is no "constructive dismissal" here, if anything the termination was clearly engineered and intended by the player himself. If there were any chance of the player having been mistreated the PFA would have been all over it like a rash.