Football Heaven 2018 - 2019

4 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Banks was well before my time watching football, but after seeing footage of him playing how much would he be worth in today's transfer fee.

100 million  ?

game so much different now tinks i couldnt say but  he was small compared to today's keepers who play with padded gloves against beach ball   him and Ron played with wollen gloves if at all against cannonball hard leather caseys  completely different game plus when i started watching keepers could get shoulder charged into the net  which is why they used to jump with the foot out front 

banks was voted top keeper for several years so you could say today he be worth what de gea  is 

2 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

Heard a few minutes of FH while driving home earlier. That first time caller who was Gordon Banks' nephew, made an excellent, interesting call. Was a pleasure to listen to.

Off topic as its a different station, but caught an interview with jack butland, who spoke very well about banks. In his time later in life around stoke city. Apparently even in later life he was still very much interested in the new training methods, being used today. 

Very much painted a picture to me as rather than just an exceptional goalkeeper, he was very much and artist of the profession. Still interested in learning. 

Really fascinating listen. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, TINKERBELL said:

Banks was well before my time watching football, but after seeing footage of him playing how much would he be worth in today's transfer fee.

100 million  ?

Possibly. Chelsea recently paid £70m for someone nobody had ever heard of and he's just conceded 10 in his last 2 away games..................

2 minutes ago, Owlinmad said:

Listen how Giddings has a sneer in his voice when talking to Mark the Pitsmoor Owl. Also how he stated Sheffield Wednesday have some not very good strikers.

He doesn't speak to or about the other local teams in that way.

But it could be that the owls are the only local team that don't allow the local radio to commentate on games.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

Heard a few minutes of FH while driving home earlier. That first time caller who was Gordon Banks' nephew, made an excellent, interesting call. Was a pleasure to listen to.

Was his name Stephen? I knew him while at school, not seen him in over 40 years. 

4 hours ago, room0035 said:

But it could be that the owls are the only local team that don't allow the local radio to commentate on games.

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

You really must try to keep up.

FFS.:picnic:

• Like 1