Football Heaven 2018 - 2019

9 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

What did Everton do to avoid getting relegated from the premier league. 

Beat Wimbledon at home, while United lost to 2 late goals at Chelsea.  According to most Blades, Wimbledon threw the game.  

13 minutes ago, Uncle Mort AMB said:

Typical pigs innit, everyone else's fault but their own, whether is Gerrard, Tevez of whatever, the fact that it happened all so long ago and they keep bringing it up shows how bitter they really are, the wee wee-stinking gypos. Yet apparently Diving Duffy and Billy Blunt don't cheat?    :picnic:

13 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

Typical pigs innit, everyone else's fault but their own, whether is Gerrard, Tevez of whatever, the fact that it happened all so long ago and they keep bringing it up shows how bitter they really are, the wee wee-stinking gypos. Yet apparently Diving Duffy and Billy Blunt don't cheat?    :picnic:

In fairness to the blunts (and I don't usually like to be fair to them), I remember at the time the rumours that Wimbledon had thrown the game (suggestions were that there had been threats made IIRC). Of course, if the blunts hadn't conceded 2 goals in the last 10 minutes at Chelsea (including an injury time goal), they'd have stayed up and Ipswich would have gone down. None of that, of course, was there fault #thankssteinday.

We were at home to Man City that day and a City mate of mine said he'd never heard a noise like it during a game for something happening elsewhere when news came through (in those days on the radio) that they'd cocked up royally. 

4 hours ago, pgmetcalf said:

Chinese year of the owl?   Owls aren't in the Chinese calendar. You can bet if it was benefiting the pigs Giddings would have read it out  

Actually quite funny that, probably made funnier by Giddings involvement

Reminds me of the time I worked on railway and got the announcer to request Mike Hunt goes to customer services

I remember my old man (RIP) being clearly affronted by Man City trying to keep us in the old first division in the late 60,s , a man of principle you see.

I remember him watching this years later as Wimbledon scored with a scuffed penalty and a deflection , only for Everton to finally win it with the aforementioned 20 yard tackle and saying "This reminds me of Wednesday , Man City"..................he then left a pause and said......."But if it means Utd get relegated then i couldnt give a f*** ""....................................seems his principles had mellowed with age !!!!!  :biggrin:

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

What do people think to the 'Team Of The Week' feature? Can't say I'm a fan personally.

Glad it’s not just me. Probably of no interest to anyone other than the team  featured and their opponents. 

It's gone downhill quite a bit this season for me. Partly due to the new guys finding their feet I feel. It would benefit from Paul Walker coming in for a bit and showing them how it's done.

Losing Paul, Seth and Rob over the past few seasons has seen the quality drop significantly. Andy has been left a bit short with the replacements but doesn't have the stature that Paul did when he was in a similar situation bringing through Rob and Seth. 

Hopefully picks up next season