Football Heaven 2018 - 2019

3 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Alan Knill is the brains, Wilder just delivers the foot up the arse 

I have that thought myself ash   I remember his Bury team coming to Hillsborough and absolutely playing us off the park but bizarrely we won 1-0 i  think, I along with many others actually clapped them off they were superb 

58 minutes ago, steelowl said:

as we are in a public mess akin to a fire sale I doubt we'll get anywhere near the proper fee for anyone

I'm resigned to it, this is a clusterfuck and it's going to be an interesting 2nd half of a season 

your right on that ,but if reach can knock a few 30 yarders in by then ,a few clubs might enter a bidding war. 

37 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

We went to Greno the other week. I had a breakfast in the Old Post Office.

(Recommended).

I put my walking boots in the back of the car - and asked her if she fancied a walk up Greno Woods?

Too cold - Fox Valley, it was.

I dont think my Mum will be bumping into Meggo.

I live down the road from Greno, that cafe you talk about I've never been but heard really good reviews about. Sometimes venture to the chippy up there on a fish Friday. Rumour is the Old Harrow is reopening soon aswell after it got boarded up for a while.

13 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

I live down the road from Greno, that cafe you talk about I've never been but heard really good reviews about. Sometimes venture to the chippy up there on a fish Friday. Rumour is the Old Harrow is reopening soon aswell after it got boarded up for a while.

I didn’t know the butchers had its own abattoir. Thought small abbatoirs were a thing of the past following EU prescriptive regulations.

Bought some tomato sausage from the butcher side.

I can recommend the Old Post Office - been there numerous times with her and had a full English. They’ll do off menu stuff for Mum too - normally a poached egg on toast.

In the summer there are tables around the back to eat. We did that this summer.  And, a garden centre, so that keeps my Mum happy. 

I really like Grenoside. It’s not been spoilt like most places and the surrounding countryside is nice.

* Every time we go she insists on telling me where Blunkett lived.

lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, steelowl said:

I started a gif thread titled that about them bottling it against us   and some jobsworth mod shifted it 

Just say the word if you need me to nip over to the next state and sort Neal out for that! lol

They’re a few players short. 

A couple of quality strikers for starters, we played a high energy game in Carlos’s first season but we had Forestieri and Hooper up front. It’s also ok when your defenders drive up the pitch and it causes chaos but once they get there they have to be able to deliver. 

Couple of points.

Firstly if I was a United fan I'd be gutted we didn't win on Friday given the form of the two sides and the set up. The fact they created next to nothing and then only made the one change (which didn't work at all) say's it all regarding their promotion hopes for me. They'll finish around where they did last season.

Secondly, these Wednesday fans that claim they would have rather have 'had a go' and got beat are either lying or stupid. If we'd have been pasted on Friday tonight would have been a bloodbath of negativity and the players/Jos/Chansiri and everyone involved called every name under the sun.

36 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Couple of points.

Firstly if I was a United fan I'd be gutted we didn't win on Friday given the form of the two sides and the set up. The fact they created next to nothing and then only made the one change (which didn't work at all) say's it all regarding their promotion hopes for me. They'll finish around where they did last season.

Secondly, these Wednesday fans that claim they would have rather have 'had a go' and got beat are either lying or stupid. If we'd have been pasted on Friday tonight would have been a bloodbath of negativity and the players/Jos/Chansiri and everyone involved called every name under the sun.

Agree entirely, and the fact that we have taken a point off them against all expectation and left them crying into their beer as a result just makes it all the sweeter!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Couple of points.

It was my birthday on Friday so personally I'm over the moon that we got something from the game and weren't pasted! 

Didnt want the 9th of November remembered every year for a heavy defeat for obvious selfish reasons.  

Did we play well?... no but we got a point so who cares!

the games come and gone so onwards and upwards to the next game. 

:ghoulguy:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BIG D said:

They’re a few players short. 

A couple of quality strikers for starters, we played a high energy game in Carlos’s first season ...

Did we? I remember being extremely bored at some games as we just sat back and let teams run around us until they were tired out and then we started playing a bit 

• Haha 1