Football Heaven 2018 - 2019

Just now, TINKERBELL said:

Hope we win with a goal 2 miles offside 

Wilderbeast face will be a picture 

We are second favourites to a team containing Billy Sharp and Leon Clarke.

If Im honest, I don’t even know any of their players.

And, they ring up “Lording It”.

Shambles. I don’t like it. I don’t feel comfortable.

2 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

We are second favourites to a team containing Billy Sharp and Leon Clarke.

If Im honest, I don’t even know any of their players.

And, they ring up “Lording It”.

Shambles. I don’t like it. I don’t feel comfortable.

Things will change 

2 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

Well they've had to put up with it for 6 years, can't say I blame em a bit 

Well, I’m not happy.

We should be beyond sight - the top team in the City shouldn’t even be in question. Like Forest and County.

Im not comfortable with the current situation TBH. 

3 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Would love an ending like Watford v Leicester in playoffs 

Sharp misses penalty 

We break away 

Ball comes across 

Joao in the deeney moment 

As a mature human being - my distaste for them is beyond rationale.

I really should know better.

In simple terms - Im always happy, no matter how we are doing, if they are doing worse.

Sad, but, true.

Irrational and immature, as I’ve freely  admitted.

Edited by ReadingOwl

14 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

Im afraid it’s just background noise - just back from a windy walk, after a drive to Sheffield and back.

My Mother wanted to go Fox Valley (?). Why do old people love shops? So, no Greno Woods.

Having a beer, Salmon Salad (tinned - much prefer tinned, sixties child).

Had an excellent full English in the Old Post Office At Grenoside this morning. I recommend it. Mum had a poached egg on toast.

She paid.

We discussed Wednesday - My 86 year old Mum isn’t impressed. Even she knows we are losing. (Mrs Brown -S/T holder has told her).

Still Fox Valley cheered her up - “Home Bargains” WTF.

Glad to be home.

Bless her. Women seem to have an uncanny knack of hitting the nail right on the f---in head sometimes whilst talking about things they know little to nothing about.

For instance, the blunts highlights came on over the weekend and I couldn't be arsed to get up and get the remote to turn it over. I was on the laptop so decided to just ignore it. My missus was watching it and she says "Don't united run around quick and try very hard. I think they're going to play in the premier league soon."

I was about to ask her if she hadn't  got any f---in ironing to do then remembered it was nearing feeding time so I bottled it and said FA.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

Well, I’m not happy.

We should be beyond sight - the top team in the City shouldn’t even be in question. Like Forest and County.

Im not comfortable with the current situation TBH. 

nor me and probably everyone  on here excluding any closet blunts 

we waited so so long for someone with cash  unfortunately we got one with no common sense 

at least we had a pop at it      

Just now, Eastleigh Owl said:

Bless her. Women seem to have an uncanny knack of hitting the nail right on the f---in head sometimes whilst talking about things they know little to nothing about.

For instance, the blunts highlights came on over the weekend and I couldn't be arsed to get up and get the remote to turn it over. I was on the laptop so decided to just ignore it. My missus was watching it and she says "Don't united run around quick and try very hard. I think they're going to play in the premier league soon."

I was about to ask her if she hadn't  got any f---in ironing to do then remembered it was nearing feeding time so I bottled it and said FA.

Blimey ...the man, the Legend, 

Easty where you been ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, marconi said:

Useless sound levels as usual, low level then BANG traffic and travel.

It's not rocket science, sort it out RS.

You’ll be asking for the trains to run on time next.

(How’s it going Geoff?).

We drove around Parson Green today - I scored some good goals on that pitch.

I keep going back to Sheffield and nowts left.

The Youth Clubs been demolished too.

Edited by ReadingOwl

14 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

this is so true  it's because they aren't hindered by football bigotry 

truth is:  the other lot are better than us, cost f 'll, almost the lowest wage bill in the championship, and have an annoyingly good manager

I'm about to buy yet another laptop because like a tw@ I have smashed my best one watching us play like a 2nd div team in defence 

to be greeted by  'oh dear have you broken it ? Why do you let them get to you it's only a game !' 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARrghhh

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, steelowl said:

this is so true  it's because they aren't hindered by football bigotry 

For my sins, I’m actually married to a Blade. Her late Grandad was a season ticket holder, and took her to the Lane as a child.

In truth, after I’d met him for the first time, he commented that “I was decent lad” but came from the wrong side of the City.

We’ve been married a long time - Both our kids are Owls (I made sure of that) but she would never go to a match with me as she said her Grandad would turn in his grave.

She finally (when I lived down South) went to see us at Wycombe (away). Everyone stood up (she sat down) and we won (Sodje scored IIRC).

I managed to get tickets for the Play Off Final in Wales - I had to travel all day to get tickets for me and the kids, because I couldnt  buy them over the phone.

Me and the kids went (and her) and she actually wore a blue and white scarf which we bought for her in Cardiff (which I’ve kept for sentimental reasons). When we were losing 1-2 she said how sorry she was, genuinely - we won 4-2 eventually.

She drove the car home to Reading - we all went in the Pub celebrating.

I couldn’t have done that for her. Ever.

Yes, woman/wives/girlfriends are less bigoted. 

Maybe that’s a lesson we have to learn?

I’ve not mentioned to her that United are top (she doesn’t know).

Let sleeping dogs lie.

Edited by ReadingOwl

36 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

As a mature human being - my distaste for them is beyond rationale.

I really should know better.

In simple terms - Im always happy, no matter how we are doing, if they are doing worse.

Sad, but, true.

Irrational and immature, as I’ve freely  admitted.

Amen..we have a small part of the brain that specifically controls this emotion. UTO.

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

I’ve just read this post, at length, to my wife and, she has burst out laughing. Proper laughing.

Great post - made us both laugh.

Apparently, woman don’t start wars either.

Just thought I’d pass on her wisdom.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

You ought to have told her that they can't run around like that all season. lol

• Haha 1

Really couldn’t give a throw about the pigs but I’m not from Sheffield. We will always be the number one club in the City  and for me they will always be in our shadow whilst they are a better team at the moment. They are like an annoying little brother.

For me, my hatred is Leeds Utd. However, I’ve been brought up in Keighley and I now live in the outskirts of Leeds and I know a load of Leeds fans and what they are like. I absolutely detest them. That club brings out the worst in me - the vitriol I was spouting after Roofe handled for their equaliser on Saturday was evidence. 

20 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

For my sins, I’m actually married to a Blade. Her late Grandad was a season ticket holder, and took her to the Lane as a child.

good grief man,  she must've been / still is a stunner 

you're a better man than me Reading that would be totally unacceptable  My Partner ( not married -never again ) is a palace fan as is her family you can only imagine the atmosphere when we lost to them during the relegation season 

Edited by steelowl