Football Heaven 2018 - 2019

3 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Hopefully Paul walker comes back.

Not for me, he's knowledgeable and generally good at his job but as a blunt he used to take too much delight in the opposition scoring when covering Wednesday matches. 

I questioned him about this once and he said he didn't even realise he was doing it - probably not as it just came naturally to him. 

Walker is head and shoulders above everyone on that station and if he did it more regularly I would listen more often, blade or not. 

I've not listened to the show in over a year. I have a commute of over an hour each way and the sound of the same blokes calling in 5 nights a week was starting to be detrimental to my health, not to mention the risk of falling asleep at the wheel!

• Haha 1

Guest Hillsborough Mole

Can't remember last time I listened

Seemed like it was an different presenter every night, with all the same callers. Boring

43 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Can't remember last time I listened

Seemed like it was an different presenter every night, with all the same callers. Boring

Me either, not sure the format is suited to being on every night. Before and after a game and significant specials like end of transfer window, a big signing or a manager departing fair enough but as you say otherwise it is too repetitive. 

Here we go again for another year, as now customary, kicked off by the The Managers monotonous question hour.

Expect Tufty to make cr*p jokes, veiled digs at Wednesday and wink at his own reflection. 

Jos won't understand any questions as none of the presenters will allow for his grasp of the language in their questions, and the audience will struggle with the English language themselves.

It would be vaguely interesting to hear the views of the new Barnsley and Doncaster managers, if I knew who they were or cared remotely about their prospects for the coming season... Kind of just hope that Martin Allen eats Paul Warne live on the radio and they can cut the whole thing short.

Ham, egg and chips for tea.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, torres said:

The presenters need to be stronger and not make it seem like we are listening in on a conversation between them and an elderly neighbour that has lost their marbles 

First question- exactly this lol