Football Heaven 2018 - 2019

1 minute ago, squonk said:

I can't remember if he did or didn't but even if he did it just the sort thing a new owner would say to curry favour at the start of the regime 

def did not. said he would do his best to get us up.

6 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

Jeremy Corbyn - “I’ve had a letter from a Tim Steelowl, asking for Jos to be sacked. A bad manager is better than no manager, he says”. And Katrien Meier is a stupid woman”.

WTF:

any communication with Corbyn would not be repeatable 

3 minutes ago, squonk said:

Trouble is we are going to be in the same sort of limbo if Chansiri is serious about the figures ive seen bandied about 

Can't see many if any giving him the money he wants and i can't see him doing anything other than ticking over if he's selling 

it reminds me a of a rich kid we used to play cricket with cos he had the wickets and decent bat and ball   if he got out he'd often threaten to take it home 

I'm sure that cliche was written about him 

i know he's contemplating selling or standing back  however it is because he has failed to manage the finances and put us in risk of sanctions not because some pond life has tweeted his son  as horrible as it is it's a diversion from the mess we're in

Anyway Owlstalkers - tomorrow is the day, fifty years ago that Apollo 8 set off for the Moon. December 21st 1968 - I was 9.

The first time man left Earths gravity - I remember my late Father cheering when they oribted from the Dark Side of the Moon.

Wednesday and the moonshots were the background to my childhood.

Look out for some good annivesary programmes - already been a good on on Radio 4 Extra this week.

Have a good evening.

This the “famous photo” for you young ones. Earth Rising.

Bring back Apollo - and corkey studs.

908F1161-CD39-4A1C-88E7-6319397CB352.jpeg

1 minute ago, steelowl said:

any communication with Corbyn would not be repeatable 

it reminds me a of a rich kid we used to play cricket with cos he had the wickets and decent bat and ball   if he got out he'd often threaten to take it home 

I'm sure that cliche was written about him 

i know he's contemplating selling or standing back  however it is because he has failed to manage the finances and put us in risk of sanctions not because some pond life has tweeted his son  as horrible as it is it's a diversion from the mess we're in

Probably a mix of all that 

2 minutes ago, squonk said:

Yes and ive not been at all vociferous about the pricing structure nor the team selection or the style of play ( when i said we are watching dross every saturday what did you take that mean ? )

Never mentioned any of that 

Mate your first thought is to bring the fans down and talk down to them. I don't even think you know your doing it, but that how it comes across. 

Just now, ReadingOwl said:

Anyway Owlstalkers - tomorrow is the day, fifty years ago that Apollo 8 set off for the Moon. December 21st 1968 - I was 9.

The first time man left Earths gravity - I remember my late Father cheering when they oribted from the Dark Side of the Moon.

Wednesday and the moonshots were the background to my childhood.

Look out for some good annivesary programmes - already been a good on on Radio 4 Extra this week.

Have a good evening.

This the “famous photo” for you young ones. Earth Rising.

Bring back Apollo - and corkey studs.

908F1161-CD39-4A1C-88E7-6319397CB352.jpeg

I heard a news report about this 

I remember as kid how exciting all the apollo stuff was especially the moon landing 

Although as we all now know it never happened because it said so ont tinternet 

2 minutes ago, Derbyshireowl3 said:

Mate your first thought is to bring the fans down and talk down to them. I don't even think you know your doing it, but that how it comes across. 

Well thats your opinion 

And ill direct you to find the numerous posts i've made under the name Lawrie Madden where i state that i expect no one to agree with anything i say if thats your definition of "talking down" to someone then nowt i say will change your mind

If you want to identify with pond life then be my guest but please don't bother interacting with me because we'll never agree

Edited by squonk

6 minutes ago, squonk said:

I can't remember if he did or didn't but even if he did it just the sort thing a new owner would say to curry favour at the start of the regime 

he did say it  but  it sounded ambitious at the time  and it was nice to hear that after the years we've spent with no cash  

i have many issues with said owner and voiced them for 3 years not just now    however not getting us promoted isn't one of them but then again I'm not p*ssed at 6.50pm  perhaps that helps you ring up and make a fool of yourself 

1 minute ago, squonk said:

I heard a news report about this 

I remember as kid how exciting all the apollo stuff was especially the moon landing 

Although as we all now know it never happened because it said so ont tinternet 

A great time to be alive - saw my Dad proper “Dad” dancing.

Really, really exciting.

This was a good listen on Radio 4 extra - narrated by Helen Charman the Sheffield Astronaut.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0001lw3

There is a Christmas Eve special on Radio 5 at 8:00 pm too. But it’s Anna Foster (who I don’t like) but I’ll give it a listen.

3 minutes ago, squonk said:

Well thats your opinion 

And ill direct you to find the numerous posts i've made under the name Lawrie Madden where i state that i expect no one to agree with anything i say if thats your definition of "talking down" to someone then nowt i say will change your mind

If you want to identify with pond life then be my guest but please don't bother interacting with me because we'll never agree

Just wish you'd concentrate more on the club than our own fans. 

Yep we will just have to agree to disagree. End off 

1 minute ago, ReadingOwl said:

Really, really exciting.

This was a good listen on Radio 4 extra - narrated by Helen Charman the Sheffield Astronaut.

There is a Christmas Eve special on Radio 5 at 8:00 pm too. But it’s Anna Foster (who I don’t like) but I’ll give it a listen.

Sharman 

sorry my inner pedant is on edge lol 

ill give that a listen matey

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

Really, really exciting.

wtf  are you on the sherry already mate ? i'm in full on chansiri disembowelment mood and you're on about something that never happened  I know this cos nick knowles said so 

• Haha 1

Just now, Derbyshireowl3 said:

Make your mind up

are they or aren't they fans 

And in context my call tonight was in response (and anger) to the first call 

I note you dont answer the question i asked 

What did you think i meant when i said the playing style we are watching is dross ? did you think that was a comment about these fans  

2 minutes ago, squonk said:

Sharman 

sorry my inner pedant is on edge lol 

ill give that a listen matey

*Bloody hell - I googled her too.

Listen out for “the custards in the oven” - which I didn’t know about.

Some unheard audio - I listened to it dog walking, looking at the Moon.

3 minutes ago, Derbyshireowl3 said:

mick knows we get on really, but i agree with you and said so before   he loves a row does Mick picking on pond life is cowardly tho :biggrin:

2 minutes ago, Derbyshireowl3 said:

I know exactly where you are coming from mate.

Mick can seem very up his own harris and always seems to be having a go at what he calls so called fans.Tonight he chose to have a go at the idiots online who he seems to think hounded Chansiri to want to sell up , I don't buy this , he has no idea how to the club out of the mess he put it in and that's why he's selling up , if indeed he ever does .

We are all Wednedayites Mick and I am not one that has slagged him off online etc but I do know that guy is totally out of his depth , I thank him for trying and spending his money but sadly he's taken us as far as he can now .

2 minutes ago, steelowl said:

wtf  are you on the sherry already mate ? i'm in full on chansiri disembowelment mood and you're on about something that never happened  I know this cos nick knowles said so 

Ive digressed because it interests me so much. Just hoping to give the younger ones the heads up and, memories for the older ones.

Thought I’d share it in this thread - think yourself lucky.

Wish I still had my action man, Gemini capsule and baco foil suite.

2 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

Ive digressed because it interests me so much. Just hoping to give the younger ones the heads up and, memories for the older ones.

Thought I’d share it in this thread - think yourself lucky.

Wish I still had my action man, Gemini capsule and baco foil suite.

well thanks mate but i hate distraction from a good lynching  bought a damn decent pitchfork from wilko tonight  it needs a polishing but i'm ready 

• Haha 1