Eight Development Players Training With Main Squad

1 hour ago, mark1948 said:

I seem to remember him making a couple of brilliant saving tackles in the penalty area in that game. I thought the positives far outweighed the negatives from him. But yes it's only one match but I think he did enough to further his cause.

As long as they are doing what is asked of them going forward then I don't think Jos will be overly concerned about there defensive performances. unless they are putting in the kind of performance Fox did against Leeds that is.

On 02/07/2018 at 16:15, Mr. Tom said:

Borukov, surely? Recently signed a proper contract, didn't he...

What of Penney? Is he back with us now? Presume he must be, having gone to Mansfield on loan in January - those deals only ever last until the end of the same season, right?

Hope so, he's the one I'm most excited by based on what I've seen so far.

edit: maybe Borukov is a bit young actually, not sure - only 18, I think?

He may be only 18, but if he is good enough then lets not make the usual mistake.

On 02/07/2018 at 16:10, Beholder said:

It's good but I'm not sure how many are highly rated. 

The highly rated ones are leaving the club. 

I translate “highly rated” as “ avaricious and disloyal” for some. Can’t think of a name though .... there must be a large thread on the subject though...

UTO

On 02/07/2018 at 15:24, gurujuan said:

Oh dear, injury crisis again? Either that, or it’s 20 a side

Perhaps it is more like, at last we are actually seeing the younger players get a genuine chance and the opportunity of a continuous career path within the club. Also common sense to move away from the previous recruitment strategy.

UTO

43 minutes ago, F. Spiksley said:

Perhaps it is more like, at last we are actually seeing the younger players get a genuine chance and the opportunity of a continuous career path within the club. Also common sense to move away from the previous recruitment strategy.

UTO

I like this way of thinking and Jos has been known for his promotion of youth. If our youth teams are a success there is nothing wrong with blooding those players as they already have that willing mentality. All for it

Just now, BuckhurstOwl said:

I like this way of thinking and Jos has been known for his promotion of youth. If our youth teams are a success there is nothing wrong with blooding those players as they already have that willing mentality. All for it

Winning not willing