OWLS IN THE PARK - PHOTOS

20 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

You don’t care where they come from? So why not do more to try and entice different people to come to our games? It’s unbelievable how apathetic people are about this topic. In every other industry around the UK people are doing more to make sure LGBTQ and BAME folks are properly represented yet we look around our stands and see maybe 1-2% tops that could qualify for an ethnic status and we all just shrug our shoulders and go “oh well guess they don’t watch football they like cricket innit”. 

I don’t know what the club does, maybe they try I dunno but really it should fall on us as fans to get the ball rolling on this one. Maybe a section of the North Stand for people of a BAME background where they can come and enjoy the game and feel like part of the Wednesday family perhaps. I think Marseille do something like that. 

Maybe a section of the North Stand for people of a BAME background

Hahahahahahhaha, thats not a million miles away from what they had in South Africa you great flippin Herbert!

Listen, suns out World Cup game starts in half an hour. Go and enjoy the match, have a beer and leave the thinking to the rest of us.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

He will punch your lights out before it got to that I'm afraid ....

Anyway we need to put some practice in "pre debate" ..

I will run you a nice hot bath 

Then "towel you down" ready for action ..

Why would he punch my lights out? Islam like Christianity is a religion of peace.  And you can keep your towel away from me FFace. :biggrin:

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

I don’t think we do enough to encourage a more diverse fanbase to be honest. Maybe we as fans need to do more by taking someone from a different background you know to a game or summat? I don’t know anybody so I can’t do it but everybody else should be able to.

I think you are taking the wee wee...only my opinion like ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rebowl Yell said:

Bit worried about the lack of BAME folks in any of the pictures of the crowd. We are city with probably near 30% of our population from a minority background and you wouldn’t think it looking at these photos.

It’s something that needs looking at in the next steering group I think, how to make people of other backgrounds feel like they can get involved with supporting Sheffield Wednesday. 

The more fans we can get supporting the owls the better it is for all of us.

Not disputing the general thrust of your argument, however your figures are way out. According to wiki the demographic make up of Sheffield is 84% white so nowhere near 30% BAME as you claim.

29 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

Maybe a section of the North Stand for people of a BAME background

Hahahahahahhaha, thats not a million miles away from what they had in South Africa you great flippin Herbert!

Listen, suns out World Cup game starts in half an hour. Go and enjoy the match, have a beer and leave the thinking to the rest of us.

Don’t call me Herbert. My name is Gary.

Just now, Utah Owl said:

Not disputing the general thrust of your argument, however your figures are way out. According to wiki the demographic make up of Sheffield is 84% white so nowhere near 30% BAME as you claim.

2011 bro, we live in 2018 now. It’s gonna be waaaaaay higher.

42 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

He will punch your lights out before it got to that I'm afraid ....

Anyway we need to put some practice in "pre debate" ..

I will run you a nice hot bath 

Then "towel you down" ready for action ..

Then he must be oiled, don't forget the oil!