OWLS IN THE PARK - PHOTOS

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

DhA8JjdWkAE50YY.jpg

Post your OITP photos in here - let's see your day out!

BLimey has Hillsborough suffered a major earthquake or summat? The land has tilted dramatically since I was last there!

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

While we are virtue signaling, I am also deeply concerned about the clear lack of any of the LGBT community in todays photos and plan to write to Peter Tatchell and The Guardian about the rampant discrimination against all minorities that is clearly endemic in our fanbase.

Making light of the poor representation of BAME folks clearly present in our fanbase is absolutely disgusting and I hope you take a long look at yourself to think about how problematic that kind of behaviour can be.

Football is for all.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rebowl Yell said:

Bit worried about the lack of BAME folks in any of the pictures of the crowd. We are city with probably near 30% of our population from a minority background and you wouldn’t think it looking at these photos.

It’s something that needs looking at in the next steering group I think, how to make people of other backgrounds feel like they can get involved with supporting Sheffield Wednesday. 

The more fans we can get supporting the owls the better it is for all of us.

Remember the saying Reb 

"You can lead a horse to water 

But you can't make it drink "

Applies here I think ...

Anyway wasn't that "facility" represented in trap 4 of the bogs this afters ?

So I'm reliably informed .....

• Haha 4

46 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

While we are virtue signaling, I am also deeply concerned about the clear lack of any of the LGBT community in todays photos and plan to write to Peter Tatchell and The Guardian about the rampant discrimination against all minorities that is clearly endemic in our fanbase.

How do you know they weren't all LGBT?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

Making light of the poor representation of BAME folks clearly present in our fanbase is absolutely disgusting and I hope you take a long look at yourself to think about how problematic that kind of behaviour can be.

Football is for all.

I think that you need to give your head a wobble.

Its a fun day in a park for fans of Sheffield Wednesday and thats it.

Making light of your post was a way of showing that there was absolutely no need for you to show how deeply virtuous your position is on these matters.

What next, would you like quotas for the numbers of Eritrean Owls allowed on the Kop? Coffee mornings for The Mogadishu Owls supporters club?

Dont care where in the world our fans are from, just care that they are our fans.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Remember the saying Reb 

Applies here I think ...

I don’t think we do enough to encourage a more diverse fanbase to be honest. Maybe we as fans need to do more by taking someone from a different background you know to a game or summat? I don’t know anybody so I can’t do it but everybody else should be able to.

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

I don’t think we do enough to encourage a more diverse fanbase to be honest. Maybe we as fans need to do more by taking someone from a different background you know to a game or summat? I don’t know anybody so I can’t do it but everybody else should be able to.

I'm taking a friend of mine to Millwall Away 

His name is Luna 

He's a shaolin Priest 

Devout to a tee .

Looking forward to a bit of high jinks down there "Grasshopper"

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

I think that you need to give your head a wobble.

Its a fun day in a park for fans of Sheffield Wednesday and thats it.

Making light of your post was a way of showing that there was absolutely no need for you to show how deeply virtuous your position is on these matters.

What next, would you like quotas for the numbers of Eritrean Owls allowed on the Kop? Coffee mornings for The Mogadishu Owls supporters club?

Dont care where in the world our fans are from, just care that they are our fans.

You don’t care where they come from? So why not do more to try and entice different people to come to our games? It’s unbelievable how apathetic people are about this topic. In every other industry around the UK people are doing more to make sure LGBTQ and BAME folks are properly represented yet we look around our stands and see maybe 1-2% tops that could qualify for an ethnic status and we all just shrug our shoulders and go “oh well guess they don’t watch football they like cricket innit”. 

I don’t know what the club does, maybe they try I dunno but really it should fall on us as fans to get the ball rolling on this one. Maybe a section of the North Stand for people of a BAME background where they can come and enjoy the game and feel like part of the Wednesday family perhaps. I think Marseille do something like that. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

I'm taking a friend of mine to Millwall Away 

His name is Luna 

He's a shaolin Priest 

Devout to a tee .

Looking forward to a bit of high jinks down there "Grasshopper"

Can I come along? Never been to Millwall.  I'll get your mate converted to Islam by the end of the night. 

7 minutes ago, Watson said:

Can I come along? Never been to Millwall.  I'll get your mate converted to Islam by the end of the night. 

He will punch your lights out before it got to that I'm afraid ....

Anyway we need to put some practice in "pre debate" ..

I will run you a nice hot bath 

Then "towel you down" ready for action ..

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Remember the saying Reb 

Applies here I think ...

PM me if you want for the details .

• Haha 2