Cost Of Production

Some of you 'may' be more informed than others but what do we reckon the cost is to produce each of our new shirts?

Forget the retail price for a second, focus on how much you think it cost to produce and then decide if you think it's worth it or not.

Some sweat shop will be knocking em out for next to nowt. The mark up is ridiculous. Just look at how the last lot of kit was reduced by fifty percent n they would still have been bringing in a healthy mark up. 

2 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Some of you 'may' be more informed than others but what do we reckon the cost is to produce each of our new shirts?

Forget the retail price for a second, focus on how much you think it cost to produce and then decide if you think it's worth it or not.

You only have to look at retail 

For instance that green thing that the grunters had for an away shirt a couple of seasons back 

Adidas shirt £15 put a grunter badge on it and sponsor thank you sir that'll be £40 

The costs bear no relation to price when it comes to merch 

buy it cheap sell it dear is good business in the retail world and if the consumer is prepared to pay the vastly inflated price then you cant really blame the retailer …...I know it's a flip answer but if you don't think a product is value for money then don't buy it .if everyone worked on that premise the prices of anything would come tumbling down …..that the economy may crash and people would lose there jobs though is another matter .

1) the club have to make money. LOTS of money. Otherwise FFP fizzes us over

2) Chansiri came out a few years ago and said the club only made a few quid on each shirt sale £9 was it? - the manufacturers took the lions share.

3) We decided to make our own / get an independent contract for the shirt production

4) I recall that being £12 per shirt to produce/pay the supplier. BUT THE CLUB GOT TO KEEP THE REST OF THE INCOME.

5) the club need to make money. LOTS of money.

• Like 1

These shirts will be costing no more than 3 quid. 

I live in Thailand, and I can buy AAA quality copies of most larger clubs or England shirts - where you would not be able to tell the difference between the genuine article and the copy - for 300 baht each (about 7 quid), with discount for buying several. So what cost are they buying them at?

Producing their owns shirts is a great peice of business for any club that isnt getting paid the big bucks by Adidas, Unbro, Nike etc.

Way of the world int it? Watch Dragons den when the Dragons say how much is retail and how much is cost sometimes the gap is ridiculous

Knock a bit of plastic out for a few pence and sell it for a few quid.

On 21/10/2018 at 20:27, darra said:

Way of the world int it? Watch Dragons den when the Dragons say how much is retail and how much is cost sometimes the gap is ridiculous

Knock a bit of plastic out for a few pence and sell it for a few quid.

Watching tonight some punters were knocking out wooden photo frames you could fill with whisky made from old barrels. Cost £8 to produce they were knocking them out for £45 without whisky 

On 12/09/2018 at 08:49, steelerian said:

I live in Thailand, and I can buy AAA quality copies of most larger clubs or England shirts - where you would not be able to tell the difference between the genuine article and the copy - for 300 baht each (about 7 quid), with discount for buying several. So what cost are they buying them at?

Producing their owns shirts is a great peice of business for any club that isnt getting paid the big bucks by Adidas, Unbro, Nike etc.

Oh i miss the days of going on holiday in Asia and buying replica shirts for a pittance ...

On 12/09/2018 at 08:49, steelerian said:

They aren't being shipped half way around the world though are they.  And you can still tell they are copies.

Just not bothered...

On 12/06/2019 at 17:58, mattitheowl said:

They aren't being shipped half way around the world though are they.  And you can still tell they are copies.

I'I've had some fakes ones in the past though from asia and they are pretty decent .. there are little touches you notice though compared to official shirts mind