£99 or £59 for the new shirt

2 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

It's not an actual swfc football shirt.  It's a copy presumably using cheaper, lower quality materials.  You can get one of those off the market for a tenner.

They certainly used to advertise the shirts as having all this fancy made up 'anti sweat' technology and stuff so you certainly can't pretend it's ' always' been this way.

At some point in the last few years they thought of a new, exciting way to rip off the fans.  It's just now they are confident enough to try and double down and market a normal shirt as some sort of 'special pro edition'.

Replica kits have always been made of cheaper materials... they sometimes advertised having the ventilation and breathability tech etc... but they were always a bit naff quality wise. I'm imagining that the pro shirt is literally just made of higher quality materials, as well as including the tech. 

At the moment I'm viewing the situation like this: Imagine there's a jewelers that release a new silver watch every year. Every couple of years you treat yourself to a new one (because you're an obscene capitalist with no concept of the value of watches), and you're OK with it, even if the design sometimes changes. Then one year, the jewelers release two new watches... one silver and one gold. The silver one isn't suddenly devalued because the gold one exists... the silver one isn't some cheap knockoff... it's just a silver watch. And yeah it isn't quite as flashy as the gold one... but it's done you good. If you've got the cash, maybe you'll try the gold. Most I'd imagine would stick with their silver watch.

That's how I'm kinda viewing the situation right now. I guess I'll stick to that point of view until we get people wearing both shirts and we can actually tell if there's a difference in quality, and if so by how much. My opinion is definitely subject to change if either the pro fit isn't very good or the regular replica kit is of poor quality... 

44 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

At some point in the last few years they thought of a new, exciting way to rip off the fans.  It's just now they are confident enough to try and double down and market a normal shirt as some sort of 'special pro edition'.

Oh for the days when we released one new kit a year, alternating the home and away kits which lasted for 2 years each - now they expect us to fork out for a new home, away and pointless third kit every year. At £59 a pop. 

13 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Oh for the days when we released one new kit a year, alternating the home and away kits which lasted for 2 years each - now they expect us to fork out for a new home, away and pointless third kit every year. At £59 a pop. 

Yes, a new home kit each year was really where the rot started.

Imagine if those mid '90s money men had realised not only could you sell people multiple new kits every season, but you could even charge people extra to actually get the proper kit...

Let’s get this reyt, these new TruFan shirts are gonna be worn by the small element of our fans that like to think they are better than everyone else and love to show it.

No longer will it be, I’ve got a season ticket I’m a better fan it will be I have the super duper deluxe sweat absorbing pro shirt I’m better than you *paaaaaaarrrrrp* *paaaaaarrrrrrp* go away pleb I’m playing the trumpet 

Let’s be right, not many are going to be effected by the £99 shirt.

1. You have to be able to afford it.

2. You have to think it’s value.

3. You have to still wear football shirts.

4. You have to either have no excess body fat or if you do, not care if you look like a total plank.

• Like 1

Guest Hillsborough Mole

Well I bought the new shirt, and yes the £99 one.

Tried it on in the shop and couldn't get it back off again, I'm now in the NHS Walk-In centre waiting for them to cut it off.

FFS

28 minutes ago, alanharper said:

They don't expect you to buy them.  People choose to buy them.  

A question for those who've been to the Megastore today.

Apart from the Evapor8 technology and it being Lazer cut, is there's visible difference between the replica and ProFit?

Are all the logos etc applied in the same way?

55 minutes ago, The Batman said:

A question for those who've been to the Megastore today.

Apart from the Evapor8 technology and it being Lazer cut, is there's visible difference between the replica and ProFit?

Are all the logos etc applied in the same way?

Apart from the mesh panels seemed exactly same spec to me 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, torres said:

so the rubbish version is a brilliant £60

Normal one £99

Stop it now, you are really spoiling us 

Normal one is £60 one, same standard as what we have been able to buy for years.  £99 is one that the players will wear which we have never had chance to get before.

Think of it this way, if you buy the expensive one it will be better quality, it will wear better, last longer and you won't need to buy a new shirt every year.....

I think there might be a flaw in my thinking but I'm not sure what it is.

Is the pro fit a slimmer cut for the more athletic body? If it is they probably won't sell very well.lol