£99 or £59 for the new shirt

31 minutes ago, jellybean said:

If people want to buy the dear shirt that's the if choice, the normal one is same price as last year's, probably a tenner to dear in my honest opinion. The only real negative is once again this one will be late. DC says it's because OITP is early in the summer, if he had any doubts why didn't he play it safe and do OITP at end of July just incase?

Nobody paid £59 for last year's though, unless they were a bit simple and held off buying it until after Christmas in the short window where it bizarrely went up in price from £49.

I'd have bought the new one having hated the last couple of year's shirts, but I'm not paying a disgusting £59 for one especially as it's essentially been marketed as "the inferior version".   It's time to buy that retro shirt I've been considering.  

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Im gonna buy the cheaper £60 one tomorrow from the Megastore 

cant wait

The woman's shirt? What's the difference anyway, does theirs have extra room in the chest area?  If that's the only difference you're probably better off getting one of those anyway tbh Neil! 

• Haha 1

Just now, alanharper said:

The woman's shirt? What's the difference anyway, does theirs have extra room in the chest area?  If that's the only difference you're probably better off getting one of those anyway tbh Neil! 

No the men’s one

£60

cant wait

gonna be in the queue as early as poss

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, alanharper said:

The women’s shirt clings to the boobies better!!! :goalie:

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

1) A tiered system of shirts is the same as putting the unemployed fans in the North West corner innit? Now the average ‘standard’ shirt is gonna be like a cheap stone island rip off from a market in Turkey compared to the ‘proper’ one according to the cool kids

2) I’m soooooooooooo glad I’m not working in the Megastore tomorrow. The staff have my absolute deepest sympathies 

The big clubs have been doing this for a few years - the cheaper ones are basically just the usual replica shirts while the more expensive ones are supposed to be identical to what the players wear. Not sure why you would choose to buy the more expensive one other than showing off really.I don't understand why we have to have the most expensive kits in football though, if it is costing us more to manufacture/purchase than it would from a major supplier then we shouldn't be doing it and if this isn't the case then we shouldn't be applying extra costs to the fans.

Edited by Guest

It beggars belief to me that people are willing to pay 60 notes for a cheap bit of nylon , regardless of whether it looks good or not. Complete madness . Fair play to the club , there are obviously plenty who disagree . Seems the club are finally getting their act together, commercially 

I like the new home kit but can't justify spending what the club are asking for it.

I buy most of my clothes from Primark (not bragging, honest!!). 

Wish the club would be more sensible with pricing, it's getting ridiculous.

I have no issue with the pricing.

If you are as pleasing on the eye as Joey P you will also be successful, evidence shows correlation between those who are attractive and healthy, and material wealth and success. So the 99 quid shirt is for you, you’ve earned it and it will look wonderful, and the price is a bargain compared to the tailor made suits you wear.

For the run of the mill fatties you have a 60 quid option which will fit like a sack of potatoes to cover up the pale blobby mess that is your body. The plus side about pricing it at 60 quid is that it means you need to have 4 less extra large pizzas from dominoes this week, adding on a few weeks of life.

for those who are really on the bread line, get a white vest from primark. Then just get an old qpr kit off eBay, cut out the hoops, rotate them 90 degrees and then glue on your primark vest.

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Do you get a free player with it?

You get Abdi. Problem is that it says in the small print that you also need to set up a direct debit of 30k a week 

1 minute ago, poite said:

You get Abdi. Problem is that it says in the small print that you also need to set up a direct debit of 30k a week 

Yeah but you could guarantee there’d be fans signing up for it and then telling critics on the internet “don’t buy it if you don’t like the prices” etc etc like some tedious repeat of To The Manor Botn on UK Gold

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, poite said:

Erm...hang on. Is this £59 for regular shirt and £99 For pro shirt actually real????

Thought it was a joke 

Yeah me too 

went to bed with a smile last night knowing it was just a mad dream or marketing magic or something and all would be ok today for OITP

woke up this morning and checked and looks like the #SHIRTGATE countdown clock in the Megastore window was for the impending riots at 10am

Owlstalk Shop