BREAKING NEWS - Here is the brand new #SWFC home shirt!!

Just now, Steelman said:

So it's not really a striped shirt is it.

I'll wait and see but I think plain blue sleeves and back with a couple of stripes on the front will look daft.

And we're supposed to say thank you?

Fuckthat.

You watch the back of players do ya,FFS its stripes on front,where it needs to be,jesus some people

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

For what it's worth, I hated trying to make out names and numbers on the back of our striped shirts. Pretty sure football league regs means we have to give with their font and colour, which is white. Nightmare with blue and white stripes. Solid back makes it easy to read at least

2 minutes ago, Toon Owl said:

For the kit, yes. For the football we served up, hell no :)

Yeah, the early 90s kits and the late 90s kits are my favourite kits and the ones I most associate with Wednesday ever since I became a fan in the late 80s/early 90s. I'm happy with the kit as it reminds me in a way of those kits.

45 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Hope it's stripes on the back as well

I was hoping it was going to be a copy of the 91 kit but i'll take that - and I don't get hung up on our kit anyway!

Might buy my lad one on Sunday if the queues aren't stupid - failing that I'll wait a week.

6 minutes ago, Steelman said:

So it's not really a striped shirt is it.

I'll wait and see but I think plain blue sleeves and back with a couple of stripes on the front will look daft.

And we're supposed to say thank you?

Fuckthat.

If you are looking at Owlstalk on your phone, click on the picture to view full size, turn your phone around and you can see the back of the shirt.

Looks smart.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

For what it's worth, I hated trying to make out names and numbers on the back of our striped shirts. Pretty sure football league regs means we have to give with their font and colour, which is white. Nightmare with blue and white stripes. Solid back makes it easy to read at least

We could use black numbers instead.

Or red.

9 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I hate having names on the back and not going with a 1 to 11 but hey ho.

10 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Isn't there some FA ruling that the back of shirts has to be a solid block of colour so that numbers and names can be seen clearly?

5 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Huddersfield have stripes on the back of their shirt.

Perhaps it never came in then - or may be it was just teams playing in Europe I seem to remember it had something to do with UEFA regulations