BREAKING NEWS - Here is the brand new #SWFC home shirt!!

1 hour ago, Mountain Owl said:

Half way to being a proper shirt so I'll give it 5 out of 10. i also believe chansiri has gone part way to keep the fans happy but why not go the whole way. Back and sleeves should also have been stripes..

There's new regulations stipulating that backs can't be striped

Owlstalk Shop

Yeah I don’t think it’s the best kit we’ve ever had but it’s stripes with black shorts so well within what I’d expect from a Wednesday kit. We’ve had kits with a striped back that have been far worse.

Don’t really care about some little logo on the socks if it keeps us out of an embargo.

This is a huge step in the right direction. 

It instantly says "Wednesday"

Of course we have black sock turnovers so it's more likely going to be the playoffs that the automatic spot guaranteed with white turn overs.

success.png.79f162c95b037c5b2c70e8a01b69716a.png

However.  Baby steps isn't it. I'm just glad to see the return of the blue and white stripes and the black shorts.  

Let's hope Wednesday look like Wednesday again will apease the footballing Gods when we take on Hull in its first league airing at our wonderful home. 

argonauts_5.jpg.840fce0bd0619a675df68af82901e5e9.jpg

It’s growing on me is the new kit but I don’t know why for the life of me we can’t have full stripes on front, back and sleeves.

Its nothing to with regulations that have been posted on this thread. It’s simply to with the Club wanted a solid back and sleeves.

In my view. There should have been several options of kit. This should have been put on the official website and supporters asked to vote on which they prefer within a specific time slot. That way the majority win and so do the club who sell more shirts. As it is this shirt will sell much better than last seasons effort.

17 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

UEFA do not allow striped backs.

As far back as 2003 So'ton had to have a plain back kit for Europe. They did the same for their brief appearance 3 years ago.

This was their strip in Europe, with plain back.
Related image

And the same one in the league, with striped back.

Image result for southampton 16/17

Some weird rules about in UEFA/FIFA.

So my question stands.

How much has he had to drink?

UEFA not allowing it was given as the reason we have a plain blue back on our shirt.

Now tell me if it’s actually me that has drank too much, but I’m pretty sure we are playing in The Championship and haven’t qualified for Europe. 

3 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

So my question stands.

How much has he had to drink?

UEFA not allowing it was given as the reason we have a plain blue back on our shirt.

Now tell me if it’s actually me that has drank too much, but I’m pretty sure we are playing in The Championship and haven’t qualified for Europe. 

No it doesn't. Not at all. blobster.