BREAKING NEWS - Here is the brand new #SWFC home shirt!!

4 minutes ago, torryowl said:

the front and shorts are everything i'd have hoped  for ……….the back if solid not so much .  

Solid backs make it much easier to see numbers, stripes with numbers on are a commentators nightmare.

1 minute ago, bradowl said:

Solid backs make it much easier to see numbers, stripes with numbers on are a commentators nightmare.

.I've yet to hear a commentator say" he's passed it out to a player on the wing and i'll tell you who it is once he turns round and I can see his number"lol...……..I realise i'm in the minority coz just about everyone seems to like it and it's certainly better than the last 2 years .

The cloth they made the shorts out of reminds me of some M&S pyjama bottoms I had when I was eight, wonder if they get electrocuted walking on a nylon rug like I did?

Not fond of any of the kits, yeah a compromised striped shirt, but the kits were probably cheap and sadly look it imho.

Edited by Weshallovercome

2 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

How much have you had to drink?

UEFA do not allow striped backs.

As far back as 2003 So'ton had to have a plain back kit for Europe. They did the same for their brief appearance 3 years ago.

This was their strip in Europe, with plain back.
Related image

And the same one in the league, with striped back.

Image result for southampton 16/17

Some weird rules about in UEFA/FIFA.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Now this post will no doubt cause a stir, and it’s not about the kit, but usually when you have a kit release you see the best players modelling them 

no ff, bannan, hooper. A bit odd to me 

Maybe it was felt that using players who'd contributed plenty so far under Luhukay's leadership was more appropriate, rather than using players who barely played last season. Nuhiu, João and Reach were among our best performers in the second half of last season.

And Pelupessy, to take nothing away from him as a footballer, but, well, he's a handsome scamp, isn't he?

:duntmatter: