Wednesday/England Band

Hi guys,

Apologies if this is the wrong section. I know the guys split opinion a little bit but I thought this would be interesting viewing for some of you. My company filmed a piece with the band before they flew out to Russia. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

It’s great what they’ve done for atmosphere at England games - would be glad to see their time up at Hillsborough though - they have the opposite effect at our games and actually ruin the atmosphere most games. 

I don't envy you if you sit next to them, but i think they've been decent at this world cup.

The support last night aided by the band was some of the best we've seen this year.

Not just random noise like the africans or south americans but full on support with actual songs WITH a tune!!

We (well the media) are quick to jump on the support when it's not good but last night they deserve a hell of a lot of praise.

2 minutes ago, S61 Owl said:

It’s great what they’ve done for atmosphere at England games - would be glad to see their time up at Hillsborough though - they have the opposite effect at our games and actually ruin the atmosphere most games. 

They have a positive effect at Hillsborough which at times resembles a morgue

2 minutes ago, torres said:

I don't envy you if you sit next to them, but i think they've been decent at this world cup.

The support last night aided by the band was some of the best we've seen this year.

Not just random noise like the africans or south americans but full on support with actual songs WITH a tune!!

We (well the media) are quick to jump on the support when it's not good but last night they deserve a hell of a lot of praise.

Completely agree.

Football 365 pretty much summed it up for me

"This is a complaint that has been made many times on this site and beyond, but can we please do something about the England trumpeter? I’m even prepared to make my peace with the rest of the band staying put if we can just get rid of that infernal racket during England matches. At least the vuvuzela was a continuous drone that eventually became white noise.

The BBC offer options for radio commentary, and you can obviously mute your television completely if necessary, but if they managed to isolate that squawking trumpet noise and offer me an option to listen to the match without it, I’d allow my licence fee to be immediately doubled."

Edited by football=owls
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

A bunch of soulless, tuneless, unmelodic prostitutes who simply sell to the highest bidder. No allegiance to anyone !

Enough about the Labour Party Nev, what do you think of the band ?............:biggrin:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Oli B said:

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Stop giving those media whores the attention they crave.

All they do is stop fans from making an actual atmosphere.

Self promoting, tuneless, Leeds loving twats.

I don’t want to be fair to them 

46 minutes ago, steveger said:

To be fair to them sometimes, just sometimes they have "parped up" and hidden the embarrassing sterile lack of any atmosphere at Hillsborough

Why should I be fair to them when are they ever fair to those of us with hearing at Hillsborough

Ive emailed Putin and told him Hemmingham says you’re a reight  girl who sucks on daddy. Donald 

All to no avail

• Haha 2

Wow, the amount of anger towards the Wednesday band i have missed. I sit on the North and so it doesn't effect me much. The only thing i would say is when we are being hammered it can't be helpful them piping up near you, but i sat on the kop about 15 years ago and i remember the atmosphere being good with them there so i don't know which way to sway on them. It really would not effect me at all if they were never there.

As for England games they come through on the tv ok, but i think England fans would sing with or without them.