The only sad thing about both Clare & Hirst isn't necessarily that they are on a fast track to oblivion, after all it's what happens all the time in football.

No the sad thing is that in typical Wednesday fashion we missed a chance to make decent money out of the pair of them!

Will we ever learn?

amazing …...everyman and his dog are calling jos the worst manager ever but when a young player manages to get away from him he  gets slaughtered for doing so …….do fans think he should have stayed for jos to work his magic and bring out the best in him ? 

15 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

The only sad thing about both Clare & Hirst isn't necessarily that they are on a fast track to oblivion, after all it's what happens all the time in football.

No the sad thing is that in typical Wednesday fashion we missed a chance to make decent money out of the pair of them!

Will we ever learn?

How do you make money out of players that REFUSED contracts ?

Clare shot himself in the foot.

His agent stirring up Premier League interest and his hashtag 'SeanFlair'. Went to Hearts with a lot of expectation, when really all he has achieved so far is a decent loan spell in League One and a good game against Aston Villa.

Hearts thought they'd signed a wonderkid, fact is he has a bit of ability and is still raw. Regardless bet he'd rather be at Hearts than playing at this basket case club.

Guest Jack the Hat
40 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

His agent stirring up Premier League interest and his hashtag 'SeanFlair'. Went to Hearts with a lot of expectation, when really all he has achieved so far is a decent loan spell in League One and a good game against Aston Villa.

Hearts thought they'd signed a wonderkid, fact is he has a bit of ability and is still raw. Regardless bet he'd rather be at Hearts than playing at this basket case club.

Maybe he's returned to action before he's fully recovered from the gunshot?

1 hour ago, DELUDED OWL said:

You said "decent" money oh both Hirst and Clare,young hirsty was scoring for fun, £2 mill was an insult,Clare wasn't really all that was he. 

Remind me again, how many goals had Hirst scored in the first team squad playing in a proper adult team and how many minutes had he actually played? For the money offered, we should have bitten their hands off, but hindsight and all that.

As for Clare club must have known his capabilities and anything reasonable (probably over 6 figures) should have been accepted.

13 minutes ago, bassdrinker said:

Feel sorry for him TBH. Another season at Hillsborough under his belt and he might have cracked this Scots football malarky.

Surprised he ended up where he did when Gillingham wanted him and he did well on loan there. Badly advised by his agent maybe?

1 hour ago, DELUDED OWL said:

You said "decent" money oh both Hirst and Clare,young hirsty was scoring for fun, £2 mill was an insult,Clare wasn't really all that was he. 

£2 million for player who hasn't played a 1st team game and is coming to the end of his contract with no intention of signing a new one  doesn't seem like a bad deal to me  …...what do you think he's worth ?

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Like the Steve May saga in reverse. Have that sweaties.:tango:

Absolutely diabolical again on Friday and arguably the worst player in a dreadful second half performance. He is yet to even have a half-decent game for Hearts, he has been poo pretty much every single game he has played in, he has the heart of a mouse, and from what we’ve seen so far he can’t even do the basics right.

Currently nowhere near good enough for Hearts, amazingly Levein keeps persisting with him, and in my opinion (and many other Hearts fans) he shouldn’t be anywhere near our first team. He has been that bad I would send him out on loan in January. 

I appreciate he has had injury problems but he has shown nothing and not even a sniff of a flash of ability. Signed on a big 3 year contract and I have no confidence he will end up making it. Grim

14 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

Signed on a big 3 year contract and I have no confidence he will end up making it. Grim

That right mate? I thought I'd read it was a 1-year deal with the option of additional years - I remember thinking he'd edging his bets and using Hearts for  decent move down south next summer.