If a person looks at their job options to see where they can get paid best for the hard work they do, that isn't disloyalty.

Not does it mean that they won't try as hard if they stay at their current employer.

Footballers are workers, like everyone else and deserve to be compensated as best as possible for what they do. I agree that a happy work life is not all about money but if there is a chance you can get more salary somewhere else, you owe it to yourself and your dependants to at least weigh up your options.

3 minutes ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

If a person looks at their job options to see where they can get paid best for the hard work they do, that isn't disloyalty.

Not does it mean that they won't try as hard if they stay at their current employer.

Footballers are workers, like everyone else and deserve to be compensated as best as possible for what they do. I agree that a happy work life is not all about money but if there is a chance you can get more salary somewhere else, you owe it to yourself and your dependants to at least weigh up your options.

I agree with this but it works both ways. Don't expect affection and understanding from the fans. We are not workers looking for the best deal. We are irrational supporters stuck with SWFC for life, for better or worse!

21 hours ago, Sonny said:

Just waiting for that big offer to come in from Tottenham. Won’t be long now...

spurs are waiting to see if harry kane wins the 'golden boot', as his value will increase, and thus when they part ex. him against clare we will get less dosh.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

Agree, but if footballers are like workers then football clubs are the ordinary employers. I don’t think most firms will happily wait around whilst you can’t decide what to do with your life. There’s a job that needs doing...

4 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

He had 1 good game and everyone got an erection over him...he went on loan to a league 1 club and couldn’t get in the side, in the best position!! He played full back for gillingham. He’s not as good as he thinks and he’s not as good as some fans think.

like George Hirst...he’s not worth the club spending thousands each week in wages. He’s a young lad learning and his contract should reflect that!! If he doesn’t like it, tough. 

End of imo. 

I'd rather spend thousands a week on him qnd Hirst than that c**t Rhodes

• Haha 1

He’s not as good as he thinks he is and hopefully him and Hirst have taught the club a lesson so that when future big b0llox excel in the development squad (there will be some) and don’t want to play for us, we know how to flog them for a profit. 

3 hours ago, torryowl said:

I think it may be more the offer wasn't good enough for him  rather than the club not being …….. .it's unlikely he'll ever be top player who will earn millions in his career so you cant really blame him for holding out  for the best deal . ……..does any player show loyalty to the club? , I doubt there one of them if they got a better offer elsewhere who wouldn't want to go . 

Yes, but I doubt we offered him less than he would have got at Gillingham and he was offered a great opportunity to push on at Wednesday. He is unlikely to end up at a bigger club and if he does he'll hardly be a first choice there. He was given his chance by Jos and had he produced the goods I'm sure DC would have upgraded his contract in time.

3 hours ago, Sonny said:

Interesting stuff, but why would we (as I presume you mean us) pay him week to week whilst he rehabilitates/decides who he wants to F off too? 

So we get compensation if he signs for any other club.

13 minutes ago, Quist said:

So we get compensation if he signs for any other club.

Sounds like a sh*t deal. Here you go kid, your contract is up but we’ll keep paying you every week whilst you wait for a better offer.

23 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Sounds like a sh*t deal. Here you go kid, your contract is up but we’ll keep paying you every week whilst you wait for a better offer.

It is common practice where disputes occur. He will currently be on a low wage and it will be those terms he his paid on.