A Job For Tango

57 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

Personally I think it's dangerous offering something like that to the public. For all we know we could employ a pig fan and he/she's unlikely to have our best interest at heart 

They'd struggle to spell CV let alone know how to send one in 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, pgmetcalf said:

Personally I think it's dangerous offering something like that to the public. For all we know we could employ a pig fan and he/she's unlikely to have our best interest at heart 

Capture.PNG.b50b0e2e272c773cd011cfae4f6514f2.PNG

I know they hate us, but getting that lot sorted in the next 7 days - to a level where you could mug off the rest of the staff at interview - in order to sneakily fail to improve the current physical state of a handful of our players...well, that would be some serious next-level trolling.

lol

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, pgmetcalf said:

What do you suggest then? Sending an email round to season ticket holders to see if any of them fancy a crack at it?

Could just put a sign up behind the bar in the Rawson. 

‘Fitness Coach wanted - Apply Within (no pigs allowed)’

Or hire a professional

Either

• Haha 5

14 hours ago, mogbad said:

Surprised we've waited till now to advertise the post.

Yeah, looks a bit amateurish to me. Surely we should be looking at clubs that already have one in place who is doing a good job and be looking to appoint them? Or Jos and his team must know of competent fitness coaches they could recommend and look to bring in? This is working with the first team, not the youngsters or stiffs.

maybe they just have to advertise the position publicly even though they know who they are going to appoint?

this is one area we failed badly in last season and this year we have to get it absolutely bang on, let’s hope we do. 

1 hour ago, Sticky belly said:

Yeah, looks a bit amateurish to me. Surely we should be looking at clubs that already have one in place who is doing a good job and be looking to appoint them? Or Jos and his team must know of competent fitness coaches they could recommend and look to bring in? This is working with the first team, not the youngsters or stiffs.

maybe they just have to advertise the position publicly even though they know who they are going to appoint?

this is one area we failed badly in last season and this year we have to get it absolutely bang on, let’s hope we do. 

This was my thought too. Might be something to do with community programmes and recruitment openness, at least making a nod to equal opportunities and all that. Or maybe just basic laws - plenty of major organisations have to advertise all internal jobs publicly, at least for a limited time, and that applies even for really high-level positions where they basically already know who's 99% likely to be getting the job.

Gawd knows I've been 'down to the last two' for enough flipping jobs, and found myself leaving/arriving at interview only to pass my 'rival' who's already worked there for 5 years. You'll never guess who got it.

:duntmatter:

Edited by Mr. Tom

On 23/06/2018 at 07:17, pgmetcalf said:

Wonder if calling them all that is classed as slander :ph34r: