BREAKING - George Hirst Gone

1 hour ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

I did think Milan was proper savvy getting someone to pay £35m to take us over 

yeah! BUT that was milan, NOT the club, it was personal wealth.

also IF milan was 'savvy' getting £35M for the club, who wasn't 'savvy' in buying it?

23 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Amazing that so many Wednesday fans are siding with Chansiri over the Hirst family without hearing the latter's side of the story. David deserves more respect than that.

Fact is, the first contract offer to George was rejected, and he was immediately frozen out of the picture - no new offer, no negotiation, no training with the first team, no matches with the U23s. How would you advise your son if a club did that to him after the first round of contract talks? You'd want him out of there ASAP.

Same happened with Thorniley, same happened with Clare. It is no coincidence that Clare has followed Hirst out the door - they don't want to stay at a club that is so unprofessional. Clare's departure in particular was not at all financially motivated.

Until the club learns how to keep hold of its best young prospects it will keep losing them.

So the version the club put forward ie that a late bid was rejected and they were then informed afterward that GH wouldn’t be signing. Are you saying that isn’t the case?

If the standard approach is to suspend players who won’t sign, then I agree we shouldn’t be doing that. But if (as his hinted by DC) that other factors came into play ie foul play, then it could be justified but I don’t know the details. All I know is that in other businesses, if you breach a contract for a competitor you can be effectively put on gardening leave which is similar to this. But it’s a point of no return from there.

1 minute ago, cowl said:

If that was actually DC's view, then why on earth didn't he sell him to Leicester?

Because as he has said the news that George wouldn't be signing came after the Leicester bid was rejected.  We have no idea whether Leicester came back in for him after that or whether Mr C got on the phone to say that George was now available.

23 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Apart from, the going abroad option and us getting fizz all was discussed at the time.

Public knowledge Leicester wanted him.

Public knowledge Leicester are tied to a dummy club abroad.

Public knowledge Hirsty and Big Nige are buddys.

Very naive on DC's part. Doyen had him like a schoolboy in my view.

Welcome to the big league Mr Chairman.

Maybe sometimes you just do what you think is right and to hell with the consequences. A year down the line, George is moving to a Belgian second division club playing at an incredibly poor standard. He's already lost 1 year of his development and who knows how much good this move will do him. I know he's young but it's a short career.

No winners here but quite possibly two losers.

1 minute ago, SalisburyOwl said:

Because as he has said the news that George wouldn't be signing came after the Leicester bid was rejected.  We have no idea whether Leicester came back in for him after that or whether Mr C got on the phone to say that George was now available.

No. DC had already made the decision to not include Hirst in the U23s or the first team, and also to refuse loaning him out until he signed a new deal. DC's threat was clear: "sign or rot"

9 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Worth pointing out it was made very clear to the club that Hirst won't be signing a new deal.

To play the devils advocate, why should Wednesday continue to develop George and play him when he has no interest in being at the club? Surely time and effort should be put into those young players who want to be here. 

George very much wanted to stay here.

Just because he wanted a better deal than was initially offered doesn't mean the contrary.

1 hour ago, londonowl said:

Of course it is but 'engineering a deal' is not the same as 'going along with a deal' which is what you originally said.

I don't think anyone would expect DH to do anything other than what he thinks is best for his son however I have a nagging feeling that he might have more than just George's interest at heart.

It's nothing but wild speculation on my part and it's a pretty sh**ty thing to say about a Dad but to be honest, the whole thing stinks.

when did a say 'going along with a deal'?

12 minutes ago, vulva said:

No interest in any of that. All rumours from oddballs that hang around the training ground. Players are mercenaries, and if you want loyalty buy a dog. 

What I'm interested in how Leicester have acted in this. Having our pants pulled down is just business, but this is far more than that. Absolutely stinks, and the SWFC/Hirst issue should not stop them acting in a proper manner. The FA simply have to get involved here, and can not stand by and allow the Premier League clubs make an utter mockery of the rules. That's the main story here, not players, agents or parents. Couldn't give a rats ass about that lot.

This city is infested with gobshite ex players, from both sides, who strut around this city, shooting their mouths off. Personally, I wish they'd all **** off back where they came from. 

I partly agree with your comments - yes, the sheer arrogance of Leicester circumnavigating their way around the rules is something the authorities need to investigate.

Whilst I understand where you are coming from on the ex-player bit, we do need some links to the past and they should be encouraged to be ambassadors for the club in whatever form the club feels fit - Man U do this with the class of 90 in some respects - and this reinforces the bond with the fans.

29 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

no new offer, no negotiation,

According to Chansiri, and it has not been refuted, the club could not go with what GH agents requested not because of the money but due to the effect it would have on the morale of the rest of the squad (

“Our offer to George was declined by the player’s advisors and when we asked them to submit a proposal to us, we found they were requesting the basic salary of an established first-team player at our club, plus completely unrealistic bonuses, clauses and add-ons.

“We therefore had no choice but to decline this proposal, not because of the money, but in the interests of fairness and squad morale.”

)

He then asked the agents to come back with another proposal but they made not further contact. It was GH's representatives that broke off negotiations. In Chansiri's statement he said they hadn't even responded to his comunication. Again this has not been refuted.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KivoOwl said:

Just because he wanted a better deal than was initially offered doesn't mean the contrary.

George was so desperate to stay that he allowed his advisors to put forward something that was, allegedly, totally unacceptable.  He was so desperate he then fired those same advisors in an attempt to get a contract signed.  That's what happened isn't it?

• Like 1

Well, if we listen to other stories, refusing to negotiate or enter into any talks and his dad going round telling people his son will not sign for the club tells a very different story.

If he 'very much wanted to stay' why has there been no attempted renegotiations over the last 12 months? I'm not saying he didn't, just that an argument can be made for the other side.

1 minute ago, Animis said:

I partly agree with your comments - yes, the sheer arrogance of Leicester circumnavigating their way around the rules is something the authorities need to investigate.

Whilst I understand where you are coming from on the ex-player bit, we do need some links to the past and they should be encouraged to be ambassadors for the club in whatever form the club feels fit - Man U do this with the class of 90 in some respects - and this reinforces the bond with the fans.

what entirely happened with lee chapman's departure from hillsborough to bellend road, via where ever?

If he'd really wanted to stay he could have. Even if he was made an offer below market value there's no law saying he MUST go and search the world for the largest amount of money possible ... Weds would no doubt have paid him at least 250k a year for 4 yrs and there was a solid career plan spelled out to him. If he'd really wanted to be part of it here he could have, without doubt.

As for his dad, I know two people to whom David made remarks v similar to Buxtongent reports. Quite why his dad seemed so determined to move the lad on perhaps we will never know.

If George has moved against his wishes but on the advice of those he relies upon then it really is a great shame. He had the chance to become a true hero here but he took another path.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, dnhc said:

when did a say 'going along with a deal'?

Sorry, my post was in response to someone who said 'going along with the deal' and then you said planning the deal and engineering a deal were the same thing and I got me a bit confused!

23 minutes ago, vulva said:

No interest in any of that. All rumours from oddballs that hang around the training ground. Players are mercenaries, and if you want loyalty buy a dog. 

What I'm interested in how Leicester have acted in this. Having our pants pulled down is just business, but this is far more than that. Absolutely stinks, and the SWFC/Hirst issue should not stop them acting in a proper manner. The FA simply have to get involved here, and can not stand by and allow the Premier League clubs make an utter mockery of the rules. That's the main story here, not players, agents or parents. Couldn't give a rats ass about that lot.

This city is infested with gobshite ex players, from both sides, who strut around this city, shooting their mouths off. Personally, I wish they'd all **** off back where they came from. 

premier league clubs are bigger than the fa now, old men cowering in a corner waiting to be told what to do next, and being well paid for the position too.

7 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

According to Chansiri, and it has not been refuted, the club could not go with what GH agents requested not because of the money but due to the effect it would have on the morale of the rest of the squad (

)

He then asked the agents to come back with another proposal but they made not further contact. It was GH's representatives that broke off negotiations. In Chansiri's statement he said they hadn't even responded to his comunication. Again this has not been refuted.

Nothing has been refuted as the Hirst's haven't said anything about the matter.