BREAKING - George Hirst Gone

Guest Hillsborough Mole
3 minutes ago, DEH9 said:

Aye.

You'd think that sort of untrue slanderous accusation would get refuted straight away wouldn't you..

Unless she was really careful to only intimate something happened rather than accuse directly so as to slander indirectly

3 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

is this now fact?

The Chairmans statement wasnt that clear about this? 

To be fair, it's not

Buuut, it was rumoured on here by someone well before DC's statement that Hirst had been effing and jeffing and being quite abusive at (to memory) the training ground. It's very possible that DC took this rumour and decided to incorporate it into his statement where he said it happened but didn't name names. However, just don't think it's the case... if DH was willing to say to fans his son wouldn't be staying at Wednesday, it seems like he was getting quite the abrasive attitude. It isn't beyond the realms of possibility. The silence from the Hirst camp on the matter is of course not automatically an admission of guilt, but you would have thought it would have been refuted at the earliest opportunity. Maybe that won't arrive until July and GH is officially and completely "out the door". 

I don't think any one of the above factors is enough believe the story about DH being verbally abusive to staff. However, it's inescapable they corroborate... there's only so many pieces of corroborating evidence you can ignore until you have to just admit that the conclusion they point to is indeed what happened

2 minutes ago, DEH9 said:

Aye.

You'd think that sort of untrue slanderous accusation would get refuted straight away wouldn't you..

Not really. If Richard Branson slandered me, even loosely, I'd have to make sure I had plenty of money to tackle the lawyers he could hire. 

And the 'angry rant' is missing the point anyway. 

Sticks and stones and all that. Sometimes we have to rise above such things and see the bigger picture. 

The club has lost 2million at least. 

17 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Unless she was really careful to only intimate something happened rather than accuse directly so as to slander indirectly

Aye. I see what you mean. 

The whole situation involving George’s advisors has been disruptive, as was another party close to George who used unacceptable foul and abusive language to a senior member of our academy staff.

So another person close to him other than his advisors, and likely to be at the training ground. 

Points the finger at one person in all but name. 

Enough for a decent brief to get  stuck into I'm sure. 

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

17 minutes ago, Beholder said:

The club has lost 2million at least. 

No way was the offer £2m cash up front. I'm going for £800k plus add-ons. If GH amounts to the sum of nothing, then what we have lost is £800k minus the £180k we will be getting. 

I know I'm making the figures up but why do people keep saying we have lost 'at least £2m'? If GH turns into a world beater, we've lost a shed load more, if he goes the way of a thousand other prospects, we've lost a few hundred grand which DC can probably find down the back of the sofa if he feels that it was all about principles. 

Edited by londonowl
Typo

1 minute ago, londonowl said:

No way was the offer £2m cash up front. I'm going for £800k plus add-ons. If GH amounts to the summit nothing, then what we have lost is £800k minus the £180k we will be getting. 

I know I'm making the figures up but why do people keep saying we have lost 'at least £2m'? If GH turns into a world beater, we've lost a shed load more, if he goes the way of a thousand other prospects, we've lost a few hundred grand which DC can probably find down the back of the sofa if he feels that it was all about principles. 

My thinking too.

1 minute ago, londonowl said:

No way was the offer £2m cash up front. I'm going for £800k plus add-ons. If GH amounts to the sum of nothing, then what we have lost is £800k minus the £180k we will be getting. 

Yeah but why David Hirst leave his ambassadorial role at Hillsborough?

lol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Or

What if he ends up on loan at Rotherham for the season - and gets a hat trick at Hillsborough?

That's ridiculous, what possible contacts could a Belgian 2nd division side have with a very small club in South Yorkshire that would allow this deal to happen?

Georgie boy has simply gone there for the Chips and Mayo and Tin-Tin books, not as a parking club for some other deal.

End of thread.

Lets not forget during all this that young George is 19. Michael Owen was scoring belters at the world cup at 18. 

I was reading somewhere that Man Utd had "lost out" on the signing of GH. People shouldn't kid themselves. If Man Utd, City, Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea had wanted him, they would have had him. I'm not saying he won't amount to anything but he's got a long way to go to be the next Harry Kane. Leicester and Everton apparently the strongest interest for him, Premier League Clubs that can afford a million quid to see how he works out. Those looking for world class players clearly showed no real interest because one thing you can be certain of, he hasn't chosen gone to Belgium second division instead of Man Utd.

8 minutes ago, DEH9 said:

Aye. I see what you mean. 

The whole situation involving George’s advisors has been disruptive, as was another party close to George who used unacceptable foul and abusive language to a senior member of our academy staff.

So another person close to him other than his advisors, and likely to be at the training ground. 

Points the finger at one person in all but name. 

Enough for a decent brief to get  stuck into I'm sure. 

It'll be his mum bringing his snap box.

She'll have kicked off because the staff wouldn't let her explain to GH that she'd cut his crusts off and done him triangles.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

That's ridiculous, what possible contacts could a Belgian 2nd division side have with a very small club in South Yorkshire that would allow this deal to happen?

Georgie boy has simply gone there for the Chips and Mayo and Tin-Tin books, not as a parking club for some other deal.

End of thread.

LOLLLLLLZ

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, sonofbert2 said:

She'll have kicked off because the staff wouldn't let her explain to GH that she'd cut his crusts off and done him triangles.

This is nearly right but you've got it the wrong way round. Club insisted he had his crusts so he could fill out a bit. David went mental "If my boy don't want his crusts, he won't fu***ng eat his crusts you stuck up youth-team coaching c**t". At least that's what I heard.

Amazing that so many Wednesday fans are siding with Chansiri over the Hirst family without hearing the latter's side of the story. David deserves more respect than that.

Fact is, the first contract offer to George was rejected, and he was immediately frozen out of the picture - no new offer, no negotiation, no training with the first team, no matches with the U23s. How would you advise your son if a club did that to him after the first round of contract talks? You'd want him out of there ASAP.

Same happened with Thorniley, same happened with Clare. It is no coincidence that Clare has followed Hirst out the door - they don't want to stay at a club that is so unprofessional. Clare's departure in particular was not at all financially motivated.

Until the club learns how to keep hold of its best young prospects it will keep losing them.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Could be.

We'll soon know though when the boys advisors release  their statement to clear all their names of any wrong doing  and  detail the appalling treatment they've all been subject to on July 1st. 

I for one can't wait. 

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
Just now, DEH9 said:

Could be.

We'll soon know though when the boys advisors release  their statement to clear all their names of any wrong doing  and  detail the appalling treatment they've all been subject to on July 1st. 

I for one can't wait. 

Is there a reason why you keep insisting this will happen?

Image result for broken record gif

4 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Amazing that so many Wednesday fans are siding with Chansiri over the Hirst family without hearing the latter's side of the story. David deserves more respect than that.

Fact is, the first contract offer to George was rejected, and he was immediately frozen out of the picture - no new offer, no negotiation, no training with the first team, no matches with the U23s. How would you advise your son if a club did that to him after the first round of contract talks? You'd want him out of there ASAP.

What do you make to @Buxtongents repeated first hand story that he'd wanted him out of there long before any of that? 

1 minute ago, KivoOwl said:

Same happened with Thorniley, same happened with Clare. It is no coincidence that Clare has followed Hirst out the door - they don't want to stay at a club that is so unprofessional. Clare's departure in particular was not at all financially motivated.

Until the club learns how to keep hold of its best young prospects it will keep losing them.

Equally amazing though that so many fans are putting the boot into Chansiri for the same reasons.

Reality is, if anyone who does know exactly what has happened and decides to share it on the forum, it is lost in a sea of ITK'ers who have declared that this, that or the other has happened.

No disrespect Kivo, I know you know your onions but your version of what happened is the exact opposite of some others so as a casual poster with absolutely no knowledge of anything, your info gets the treated the same as anyone else. With a pinch of salt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, londonowl said:

I know no more than anyone on here but the '£2m' offer was probably the maximum value with add-ons.

If the offer was, say £500k with add-ons and no sell-on clause, you can absolutely understand DC deciding just to let it go to Tribunal where we would get around £1m plus 20% Sell-On. Then again, if it was £2m cash in his bin and a 20% Sell-on, it looks like a massive miscalculation by DC.

Truth is, we don't know like we don't know if GH wanted £5k a week or £25k a week and we don't know if DC offered £2k a week or £10k a week.

I know it's stating the bleedin' obvious but how can people be so dismissive of either side when very few (if any) people on here actually know the facts.

Apart from, the going abroad option and us getting fizz all was discussed at the time.

Public knowledge Leicester wanted him.

Public knowledge Leicester are tied to a dummy club abroad.

Public knowledge Hirsty and Big Nige are buddys.

Very naive on DC's part. Doyen had him like a schoolboy in my view.

Welcome to the big league Mr Chairman.