Guest Hillsborough Mole
Just now, sonofbert2 said:

And they sing, "He's one of your own!"

:duntmatter:

Oh God.

Its gonna happen isnt it 

FFS

1 minute ago, londonowl said:

A lot of IF's in there, I would think that for most people, juat going along with the deal is not the problem. The underlying suspicion of engineering the deal is more of a problem.

'engineering a deal' is the same as 'planning one', i'd think david was a dumpty if he didn't help his son avoid the lows and find more highs from a football career.

he hasn't been used here, we didn't take that gamble, and (for me) the gamble of a lucrative enough contract to keep him here.

we turned leicester down, so, they found an alternative, we're wednesday fans, we should be used to it, when was the last time you thought our club was 'proper savvy'?

Guest Hillsborough Mole
2 minutes ago, dnhc said:

'engineering a deal' is the same as 'planning one', i'd think david was a dumpty if he didn't help his son avoid the lows and find more highs from a football career.

he hasn't been used here, we didn't take that gamble, and (for me) the gamble of a lucrative enough contract to keep him here.

we turned leicester down, so, they found an alternative, we're wednesday fans, we should be used to it, when was the last time you thought our club was 'proper savvy'?

I did think Milan was proper savvy getting someone to pay £35m to take us over 

Our chairman had a nightmare simple as. Fortunately his attitude towards young players at the club has changed. Before he would prevent players from playing for the club until they signed a new deal. He did it to Clare until Jos intervened and said we need him due to an injury crisis. He did the same to Thorniley but again the shortage of defenders meant we had no choice but to play Thorniley. 

However, as a result we've alienated both Hirst and Clare and as a result neither signed new deals. Having said that, the Hirst camp come out of it really badly too. Chansiri is a very loyal and proud person, and he felt the Hirst camp showed a complete disrespect for him and the club. Which they did. George was never going to sign for us and resorted to underhand tactics to try and engineer a move away. 

The biggest mistake was not taking the 2 million when it was on the table.

The chairman made a mistake, I think he's learnt from it. As for the Hirst family, I couldn't care less about them. They clearly have no loyalty to the club. The club is bigger than the chairman, they should know that. In attempt to score points of DC with this move to Belgium, they have also disrespected the club and the fans who wanted nothing but for George to follow in the footsteps of his Dad.

8 minutes ago, cowl said:

There'd been suggestions that something similar had happened with Clare since it was alleged by @KivoOwl that Clare was training alone with Hirst.

Remember it well.

He was frozen out

But in the squad next match.

I

• Like 1

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

3 minutes ago, DEH9 said:

Remember it well.

He was frozen out

But in the squad next match.

I

It wasn't quite like that at all. There'd been the suggestion of his exclusion from training, the U23s, and the first team for a number of weeks, culminating with a game against Barnsley in which Stobbs, Kirby, Thorniley, and Neilsen were all in the 18, but no Clare - and then he started against Derby a few days later.

6 minutes ago, DEH9 said:

Aye well.

In 6 days the truth will come out in a hard hitting counter statement clearing it up once and for all.

I can't wait. 

Why the truth necessarily? that could suggest the chairman has been economical with it. Do you mean the Hirst  side of  the story?

6 minutes ago, dnhc said:

Of course it is but 'engineering a deal' is not the same as 'going along with a deal' which is what you originally said.

I don't think anyone would expect DH to do anything other than what he thinks is best for his son however I have a nagging feeling that he might have more than just George's interest at heart.

It's nothing but wild speculation on my part and it's a pretty sh**ty thing to say about a Dad but to be honest, the whole thing stinks.

11 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Our chairman had a nightmare simple as. Fortunately his attitude towards young players at the club has changed. Before he would prevent players from playing for the club until they signed a new deal. He did it to Clare until Jos intervened and said we need him due to an injury crisis. He did the same to Thorniley but again the shortage of defenders meant we had no choice but to play Thorniley. 

However, as a result we've alienated both Hirst and Clare and as a result neither signed new deals. Having said that, the Hirst camp come out of it really badly too. Chansiri is a very loyal and proud person, and he felt the Hirst camp showed a complete disrespect for him and the club. Which they did. George was never going to sign for us and resorted to underhand tactics to try and engineer a move away. 

The biggest mistake was not taking the 2 million when it was on the table.

The chairman made a mistake, I think he's learnt from it. As for the Hirst family, I couldn't care less about them. They clearly have no loyalty to the club. The club is bigger than the chairman, they should know that. In attempt to score points of DC with this move to Belgium, they have also disrespected the club and the fans who wanted nothing but for George to follow in the footsteps of his Dad.

I agree with the first paragraphs. 

I also think having Carlos Carvahal as the manager did not help one bit. 

I dont know that it is 'clear' that the Hirsts have no loyalty to the club. DH has been around this club all his adult life and GH has grown op around it all his life. Sometimes divorces are messy, especially when one side is refusing to let you see the kids ( a metaphor for refusing to let you train or play).  It breeds resentment. 

27 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Or

What if he ends up on loan at Rotherham for the season - and gets a hat trick at Hillsborough?

He might do and there's more chance of me scoring one.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
1 minute ago, Sham67 said:

He might do and there's more chance of me scoring one.

Get yourself down to the training ground - we're back today!

12 minutes ago, DEH9 said:

Aye well.

In 6 days the truth will come out in a hard hitting counter statement clearing it up once and for all.

I can't wait. 

But what defines "the truth" ?

Is it something unequivocally proved or is it just the best liked story dependent on whose side your on ?

5 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Sometimes divorces are messy, especially when one side is refusing to let you see the kids ( a metaphor for refusing to let you train or play).  It breeds resentment. 

Aye and when the husband is verbally abusive to the wife 

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
1 minute ago, DEH9 said:

Aye and when the husband is verbally abusive to the wife 

is this now fact?

The Chairmans statement wasnt that clear about this?