BREAKING - George Hirst Gone

1 minute ago, akbuk said:

End of thread he's gone forget about him

^^ This

Although it would have been great to have been great to have one of our own (and son of a club legend) fulfill his potential with us its not happened as i don't think he himself saw it as if he was one of our own, if he had he would have stuck it out, even on what we were offering he had time in his career for a a larger upside.

all a bit money grabbing tbh...he would have the support of the fans here as we were all willing for him to do well. not sure he will get that love elsewhere.

I always try to put myself in the shoes of both sides to gauge how they see things.

From DC's perspective it must have been very strange to see a father and son, loved and nurtured by the club and its fans yet behaving in such a mercenary manner.

I sort of get why he dug his heels in.

So are we not playing this Belgian club in a pre season friendly then as part of the deal?.

Just wondering when I will get an opportunity to boo young Hirsty.

Probably have to wait until 3rd round of Carabo cup when he's on loan at Leicester. 

Edited by Bannofan
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, cowl said:

Precisely. It's inexplicable.

We could all just give DC the benefit of the doubt, and say he must have had a good reason for it, but I've genuinely no such faith in DC's motives here.

Well it seems odd.

Why weren't other players stopped playing.

It's almost as if sumats gone on that we don't know about and nob'dy will say what it is.

For the sins of the father?

Hope not. Attached to me username. 

But without any evidence to the contrary it's not to wonder.

I await 1st July wi baited breath!

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

1 minute ago, BuckhurstOwl said:

^^ This

Although it would have been great to have been great to have one of our own (and son of a club legend) fulfill his potential with us its not happened as i don't think he himself saw it as if he was one of our own, if he had he would have stuck it out, even on what we were offering he had time in his career for a a larger upside.

all a bit money grabbing tbh...he would have the support of the fans here as we were all willing for him to do well. not sure he will get that love elsewhere.

Joe Wildsmith is born and bred Sheffield grew up in Arbourthorn, Liam Palmer also Born and Bred in Sheffield.

4 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

This.

Our Chairman fooked up.

Simple as.

Worst case scenario should have been taking the 2 million.

I know no more than anyone on here but the '£2m' offer was probably the maximum value with add-ons.

If the offer was, say £500k with add-ons and no sell-on clause, you can absolutely understand DC deciding just to let it go to Tribunal where we would get around £1m plus 20% Sell-On. Then again, if it was £2m cash in his bin and a 20% Sell-on, it looks like a massive miscalculation by DC.

Truth is, we don't know like we don't know if GH wanted £5k a week or £25k a week and we don't know if DC offered £2k a week or £10k a week.

I know it's stating the bleedin' obvious but how can people be so dismissive of either side when very few (if any) people on here actually know the facts.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

So are we not playing this Belgian club in a pre season friendly then as part of the deal?.

Probably have to wait until 3rd round of Carabo cup when he's on loan at Leicester. 

Wait a few seasons attend a Leicester City game and you will get your chance.

The £50m Sheffield Wednsday Leicester City strike force of George Hirst and Jamie Vardy will be Playing.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
6 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I always try to put myself in the shoes of both sides to gauge how they see things.

From DC's perspective it must have been very strange to see a father and son, loved and nurtured by the club and its fans yet behaving in such a mercenary manner.

I sort of get why he dug his heels in.

And the other side?

hirst senior's first duty is to his son and if he feels moving from Hillsboro is the right thing for him then who are we to say he's wrong . ….i'm sure all the dads on here wouldn't take kindly to be told what there sons should or shouldn't do  ………….IF  Leicester did offer 2 million for him and have now got there mitts on him for free then you think some of the money they have saved will have filtered into the hirsts pockets and if it as then you cant really blame them for going along with the deal .

11 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

This.

Our Chairman fooked up.

Simple as.

Worst case scenario should have been taking the 2 million.

Yeah right and I'm sure you'd have been the first to start the "Congratulations on a good bit of business DC" thread had that hapoened.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

hirst senior's first duty is to his son and if he feels moving from Hillsboro is the right thing for him then who are we to say he's wrong . ….i'm sure all the dads on here wouldn't take kindly to be told what there sons should or shouldn't do  ………….IF  Leicester did offer 2 million for him and have now got there mitts on him for free then you think some of the money they have saved will have filtered into the hirsts pockets and if it as then you cant really blame them for going along with the deal .

A lot of IF's in there, I would think that for most people, juat going along with the deal is not the problem. The underlying suspicion of engineering the deal is more of a problem.

4 minutes ago, torryowl said:

You can't. 

I want to known what folks leaving their jobs, players being club suspended and folks getting told to testicles at the training ground have all got to do with such a simple issue. 

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

1 minute ago, DEH9 said:

Well it seems odd.

Why weren't other players stopped playing.

It's almost as if sumats gone on that we don't know about and nob'dy will say what it is.

For the sins of the father?

Hope not. Attached to me username. 

But without any evidence to the contrary it's not to wonder.

I await 1st July wi baited breath!

There'd been suggestions that something similar had happened with Clare since it was alleged by @KivoOwl that Clare was training alone with Hirst.

8 minutes ago, BuckhurstOwl said:

^^ This

if he hits the levels his dad did then he will, until he moves on, then he'll get it elsewhere for kissing their badge.

Guest Hillsborough Mole

7 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

Or

What if he ends up on loan at Rotherham for the season - and gets a hat trick at Hillsborough?

Guest Hillsborough Mole

Can I just apologise for my last 6 contributions to the thread

I'd completely forgotten that Akbuk had closed it