BREAKING - George Hirst Gone

13 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

Yep. Well done on losing another couple of million.

Assuming the lad would have agreed terms wih Leicester 

He might have turned them down to get a dream move to Leuven.

:ph34r:

Edited by DEH9
  • Haha 2

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It's not just the scale of it that differs, though.

Morally, a chairman using a loophole to pump a bit more of his cash into the club he owns in order to attempt to compete on an even footing with clubs whose bank balances have been artificially inflated by obscene parachute payments is hardly comparable to a club screwing another out of a development fee for a young player who came through their academy.

If someone creates sponsorship for the club then it needs to be at or around market rate otherwise there can be repercussions (at least that’s how I understand it).

The transfer issue seems unprecedented and i think it remains to be seen whether anything comes of it. If a player remains at the feeder club for a substantial amount of time then I’m guessing nothing will.

2 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

Star say the UEFA rules will give us about 180k. Wondrous. 

Id estimate about 10%/20% of what it could’ve been domestically (with various triggers) 

3 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

SURELY THE WHOLE EFFECT BOILS DOWN TO A SIMPLE ANSWER. 

IN ORDER FOR THERE  TO BE A CONTRACT, TWO PEOPLE MUST AGREE!

1THEPERSON OFFERING THE CONTRACT MUST DECIDE HOW MUCH IT IS WORTH PAYING FOR THE SIGNATURE/SEVICES OF THE PERSON INVOLVED, 

Absolutely

In this instance I guess what happened is not too far removed from these lines

Young George, spending more and more time with England and doing well, gets chatting with his teammates and finds hes earning about 1/5th of that the other lads are on.

He's also in contract with us - and we start negotiating a new deal

He turns down whats offered because its nowhere near that of his peers in the England side

The club ask him what hes prepared to stay for - and he gives them a figure similar to that of his peers in the England side

The club says no

Hirst is happy to play out his contract at the club before moving on to earn what he's worth elsewhere (thats football)

We get an offer for £2m from Leicester and turn it down

Club tell Hirst they've turned down the offer - and ask him to sign again

Hirst says no unless they pay him what he has asked for and compared to his peers

We ban him from training and playing in the U23's with his Wednesday peers and refuse to send him on loan when hes got one arranged at Rotherham

Chairman releases his public statement - widening the chasm between the two and making any resolution even more unlikely

Player leaves

"The best poster on Owlstalk by far" - Kaven Walker

1 minute ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Absolutely

Young George, spending more and more time with England and doing well, gets chatting with his teammates and finds hes earning about 1/5th of that the other lads are on.

He turns down whats offered because its nowhere near that of his peers in the England side

The club ask him what hes prepared to stay for - and he gives them a figure similar to that of his peers in the England side

The club says no

Hirst is happy to play out his contract at the club before moving on to earn what he's worth elsewhere (thats football)

Hirst says no unless they pay him what he has asked for and compared to his peers

We ban him from training and playing in the U23's with his Wednesday peers and refuse to send him on loan when hes got one arranged at Rotherham

Chairman releases his public statement - widening the chasm between the two and making any resolution even more unlikely

Player leaves

Doesn't really explain DH leaving his ambassadorial role.

2 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

Doesn't really explain DH leaving his ambassadorial role.

No. It doesnt

Well come on then.

Why did Hirst leave his role

We've all been on tenterhooks for 92 pages.

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

Personally I would have started questioning DH's involvement as a club ambassador around the time he started telling fans that his son wouldn't be staying at Wednesday. 

The alleged abuse he yelled at academy staff probably didn't help matters either

21 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Absolutely

The club says no

Player leaves

His being banned from playing in the U23s had already happened before the bid was turned down and before Hirst's agents told the club he wouldn't be signing.

4 minutes ago, cowl said:

His being banned from playing in the U23s had already happened before the bid was turned down and before Hirst's agents told the club he wouldn't be signing.

If thats the case then its utterly ridiculous we turned down a bid of £2m

1 minute ago, akbuk said:

End of thread he's gone forget about him

Its not compulsory to read the thread, or to contribute.

You must be the 20th person to write end of thread - and its clearly not as people are still discussing it

If you ARE Owlstalk Police then I apologise. But if you are you could also close the thread

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, cowl said:

His being banned from playing in the U23s had already happened before the bid was turned down...

Because? 

Just now, Hillsborough Mole said:

If thats the case then its utterly ridiculous we turned down a bid of £2m

Agreed.

I don't know if DC still felt he could convince Hirst to stay, or whether his own pride interceded, but we were never going to get more for him in January, so whichever way you look at it, it was an odd miscalculation.

1 minute ago, DEH9 said:

Because? 

Precisely. It's inexplicable.

We could all just give DC the benefit of the doubt, and say he must have had a good reason for it, but I've genuinely no such faith in DC's motives here.

Questions. 

(Which I'm sure won't be answered)

• Why did Hirst leave his role
  • What happened at the training ground 

1 minute ago, akbuk said:

End of thread he's gone forget about him

^^ This

Although it would have been great to have been great to have one of our own (and son of a club legend) fulfill his potential with us its not happened as i don't think he himself saw it as if he was one of our own, if he had he would have stuck it out, even on what we were offering he had time in his career for a a larger upside.

all a bit money grabbing tbh...he would have the support of the fans here as we were all willing for him to do well. not sure he will get that love elsewhere.

I always try to put myself in the shoes of both sides to gauge how they see things.

From DC's perspective it must have been very strange to see a father and son, loved and nurtured by the club and its fans yet behaving in such a mercenary manner.

I sort of get why he dug his heels in.

1 hour ago, longreach said:

As an outsider not living anywhere near Sheffield, what is/was the issue with D Taxis?

They are a taxi company without any drivers or staff besides that nothing garymegson

• Haha 4