Jump to content

BREAKING - George Hirst Gone


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 

Morning all


How are we getting on this morning with the spam/corned beef debate?

 

 

There's no debate to be had. Corned beef wins.

 


Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:



Corrrr yeah I'd totally forgot about that

That's staggering when you think about it


Maybe administration should also result in relegation to the bottom tier like Rangers had to do when they got all messy that time

Adrian Durham wrote a cracking article about them that I’m sure someone far more tech savvy (younger) than me can post.

They literally had the new ground built knowing they would never have to pay for it, bought Vardy under the same circumstances and to this day refuse to pay an outstanding bill of £16000 to St Johns Ambulance because they knew how to manipulate the system!

A horrible little club who continue to push the boundaries for personal gain!

Edited by casbahowl
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Adrian Durham wrote a cracking article about them that I’m sure someone far more tech savvy (younger) than me can post.

They literally had the new ground built knowing they would never have to pay for it, bought Vardy under the same circumstances and to this day refuse to pay an outstanding bill of £16000 to St Johns Ambulance because they knew how to manipulate the system!

A horrible little club who continue to push the boundaries for personal gain!


Think I've found it - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3582034/Leicester-City-s-Premier-League-success-restored-faith-football-darker-fairytale.html

 

 


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats a great article - was aware of most of that stuff but when you see it all laid out like that - its absolutely disgusting isnt it.

 

There are rules around administration that prevent you from making anyone a preferential creditor - which is why the Ambulance guys have still not been paid - but there would be absolutely nothing to prevent Leicester from paying them more for a season to cover the debt. The fact they havent says it all.

 

Its all just part and parcel of money, greed and football these days and thats why so many are falling out of love with the game. Even in the championship these days its often a case of watching 22 millionaires kicking a ball about - and thats totally wrong.  I spent a fair few games watching a couple of non league sides last year all over South Yorkshire and beyond - and the lack of any money at those clubs is so sad given the £billions sloshing around in our Premiership.When the FA are seriously considering a sale of Wembley to invest in grassroots football (thats gone quiet) it shows just how little is filtering through.

 

The Hirst affair is just one small blip in a cacophony of bad noise at the top of the game. Its shocking that rules exist that allow this kind of thing to happen to clubs like us that are desperately throwing money we don't have to try and join the same party. To me at least, I'm really not sure its a party I want to go to. 

 

Football as we knew it, is dead.

  • Like 1

"The best poster on Owlstalk by far" - Kaven Walker

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That’s the one Neil, this club has no shame.

They’ve lied and cheated for years to gain an unfair advantage and because they’ve been allowed to get away with it they brazenly exploit a situation where the legality is questionable but the morality is simply wrong knowing from previous history that they’ll be allowed to get away with it !

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, casbahowl said:

That’s the one Neil, this club has no shame.

They’ve lied and cheated for years to gain an unfair advantage and because they’ve been allowed to get away with it they brazenly exploit a situation where the legality is questionable but the morality is simply wrong knowing from previous history that they’ll be allowed to get away with it !

 

Sadly they aren't alone.


"The best poster on Owlstalk by far" - Kaven Walker

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

That’s the one Neil, this club has no shame.

They’ve lied and cheated for years to gain an unfair advantage and because they’ve been allowed to get away with it they brazenly exploit a situation where the legality is questionable but the morality is simply wrong knowing from previous history that they’ll be allowed to get away with it !

Sorry I drifted off. What are we talking about now? Our sponsors?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

Sorry I drifted off. What are we talking about now? Our sponsors?

 

While its correct to compare the two - there is a huge difference in the scale of how much is involved.

 

But yes - non-existent taxi companies (however soon they may arrive) and drinks companies chucking £1m at us to circumvent FFP rules is another example of loopholes being used to exploit the system


"The best poster on Owlstalk by far" - Kaven Walker

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

 

But yes - non-existent taxi companies (however soon they may arrive)

 

It's 5 minutes away mate, just around the corner...:laugh:

  • Haha 1

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DEH9 said:

 

It's 5 minutes away mate, just around the corner...:laugh:

 

Give over will ya - I'm tracking it on my app... Its still at Manor Top

  • Haha 2

"The best poster on Owlstalk by far" - Kaven Walker

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...