BREAKING - George Hirst Gone

3 minutes ago, DEH9 said:

Well that in God's name were you eating the rest of the time!

You must be like a latt 

That I am.

In fact I am the perfect weight for someone who is 7" 6 tall.

The problem is I neither like waffles or Nutella.

FFS.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Training starts tomorrow do we have any spotters at the training ground for the arrival of Venancio, Marshall, Garbutt and Iorfa :luhukay:

Sounds like Marshall's going to Norwich, to supply all the crosses for Rhodes. 

6 minutes ago, Hawkowl said:

That I am.

In fact I am the perfect weight for someone who is 7" 6 tall.

The problem is I neither like waffles or Nutella.

FFS.

I had one of them waffles you but in a packet the other day.

It was horrible . Are fresh waffles much nicer?

I'm asking the wrong man here aren't I. 

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

3 minutes ago, Pulcinella said:

Can we stop this thread. It’s ridiculous that a selfish upstart has a thread competing in length with the official transfer rumours thread.

He’s gone. Move on.

Well that's if it is all the kid.

Have you read Howson piece?

Seems the boy and Mr C were alreyt with each other but other forces were at work.  

Course.  We won't know the full story till the official counter statement on July 1st.  But it'd be barmy to have any new threads between now and then. May as well keep it all in here. 

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

6 minutes ago, DEH9 said:

I had one of them waffles you but in a packet the other day.

It was horrible . Are fresh waffles much nicer?

I'm asking the wrong man here aren't I. 

Unfortunately you are.

You, I am afraid,know far more about waffle than I.

FFS.

3 minutes ago, Hawkowl said:

Unfortunately you are.

You, I am afraid,know far more about waffle than I.

FFS.

I see what yer did there! 

Any good books in this place where yer stuffed yer face once in Belgium? Before starving yer sen on the rest of yer visit.

Did you buy any books?

Or just read em and sod off like them old fellas in WHsmith?

16 minutes ago, cowl said:

This won't even come into Leicester's thinking. If they seriously think they've got a potential 30 million talent, they nurture it. They certainly don't quibble over paying out compensation at this stage of his development.

I think you're wrong

Leicester haven't a clue if they'll ever regain any outlay on him - so it makes sense for them to try to circumnavigate any payment for him to minimise any potential loss and maximise any potential revenue

I think the trail is quite easy to navigate - apparently Leicester wanted him and it was turned down - then as a free agent Hirst pitches up at a club which is basically twinned with Leicester as a feeder club

I was told over a year ago the Hirst was leaving - i was told (and posted on here) earlier this year that he was going abroad - both those have come to pass

I think you're displaying a good deal of confirmation bias coupled with cognitive dissonance tbh

I know you have tried to be rational and looked at both sides of his leaving - and generally not come down on the side of DC - but this is the endgame

Not Man U, not Everton, not Leicester...hell, not even a club in the championship - but the 2nd division in Belgium...

With concrete links to Leicester and an old pal of DEH - pretty convenient...

• Thanks 5

38 minutes ago, scram said:

I think you're wrong

Leicester haven't a clue if they'll ever regain any outlay on him - so it makes sense for them to try to circumnavigate any payment for him to minimise any potential loss and maximise any potential revenue

I think the trail is quite easy to navigate - apparently Leicester wanted him and it was turned down - then as a free agent Hirst pitches up at a club which is basically twinned with Leicester as a feeder club

I was told over a year ago the Hirst was leaving - i was told (and posted on here) earlier this year that he was going abroad - both those have come to pass

I think you're displaying a good deal of confirmation bias coupled with cognitive dissonance tbh

I know you have tried to be rational and looked at both sides of his leaving - and generally not come down on the side of DC - but this is the endgame

Not Man U, not Everton, not Leicester...hell, not even a club in the championship - but the 2nd division in Belgium...

What a sad sad day when 2 club legends play their part in doing the club over.

Hero to zero literally overnight.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, scram said:

I think you're wrong

Can you explain to me the confirmation bias please? And I don't mean explain to me what it means. Ditto with the cognitive dissonance. In fact, why don't you tell me what you think my position on all this is. Bringing up cognitive dissonance strongly suggests to me you misunderstand my view. I think DC massively f*cked up in his preventing Hirst from playing for the U23s and from not allowing him out on loan. I have no idea about the money, and if Hirst was asking for more than the club can sensibly afford, then I've no problems with DC on this, and I've said so on numerous occasions. I really don't see how my take on this would bring me into any kind of contradiction with holding a view that Hirst's current destination is not the same as him actually signing for Leicester. I've no vested interest in whether Hirst ends up at Leicester or remains at OH Leuven and either way it's unconnected to whatever I think of DC's actions in dealing with Hirst.

And as for Leicester, I've not said anywhere that I doubt they've been involved in some way with this transfer. The links between Leicester and OH Leuven are well known. But you talk about Leicester mitigating against the risk of signing a player - well, how am I not pointing out the same thing? They mitigate against risk even further by not signing him immediately, but by signing him only should he continue on the form he was showing a year ago.

6 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

What's got into you?

We were all resigned to have the compo.

No issues.

It’s called boosting Participation during the Close season .......... and so far it’s a masterful performance!

Edited by casbahowl
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Hawkowl said:

Mmmm.

Did I tell you about my Grans vulva volovants.

FFS. 

I'm having nightmares about what the sauce and filling was!

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

Contrary to popular belief, there’s obviously no honor among Thais (for the avoidance of doubt that’s aimed at the King Power hierarchy) 

Was debating this over a couple of Bintangs this afternoon with some Ausie ex pat Wednesdayite’s here on the sun drenched tropical island paradise of Bali.

Edited by casbahowl

5 hours ago, 114mphAndRising said:

Absolutely despise Leicester. tug club. Sh!te support when they were in the Championship. Obviously done this deal to avoid paying us money. Completely taking the wee wee and if the FA had anything about them they’d be looking into this deal and doing something about it.

It’s in their DNA I’m afraid.

Administration twice in the last 20 years , a brand new stadium and a league title as a result.

Not broke any rules but a total and utter disgrace of a club nevertheless!

8 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Administration twice in the last 20 years , a brand new stadium and a league title as a result.

Sorry, twice in the last 35 years.......

They certainly know how to “play the game”

• Like 1

3 hours ago, casbahowl said:

Corrrr yeah I'd totally forgot about that

That's staggering when you think about it

Maybe administration should also result in relegation to the bottom tier like Rangers had to do when they got all messy that time

Owlstalk Shop